Menu
Which operating system are you using, Vista or Windows?
Jul 23, 2009 04:38
  • FADISH
Which operating system are you using, Vista or Windows 6? Which one is easy to use, do you think? I installed Vista operating system onto my computer. I feel Vista is not userfriendly as Windows. Just read a piece of news that Microsoft will launch Windows 7 this year. Will that be easy to use?
Jul 24, 2009 07:02
  • CARLOS
Vista is Windows as well as XP an 7. I donĀ“t like Vista and have installed XP to all my computers exept one. I have not tried 7 but what I have read people like it.
Jul 26, 2009 09:43
  • WANHU
Most new computers are Vista friendly rather than XP friendly. I used to re-install XP to my Vista, it started to have problems after a few months. When switched back the problems were eliminated. As I am used to XP, it takes me quite a while to familiarise with Vista. With Vista you need at least 2GB RAM, otherwise it is quite slow.
Wan
Jul 28, 2009 23:56
  • GRIZ326
I converted my new computer from Vista to XP. I will never buy another computer with Window, EVER - NEVER. ...and I've been using personal computers since 1980...and business computers since the 60s.
Jul 29, 2009 01:33
  • MACROIDEAL
xp and linux SUse
Aug 1, 2009 11:47
  • CARLOS
Griz, you think about Mac or Linux?

I have Ubuntu linux free distro on one of my computers. Compared to W it needs a little more work with addons but I kinda like it.
I have decided if I some day get myself into linux, I will change all my computers to it.

Buying a W-computer from a shop there are put many programs in it people really does not need. Linux, you can install the programs needed and nothing else. It is a well known truth that Linux computer is faster than W for the reason there are so many programs going on all time. Of course some of them can be blocked but most normal users are not able to.
Aug 5, 2009 20:18
  • SHESGOTTOBE
I'm using Windows XP that came with my laptop when I got it.
Sep 1, 2009 22:14
  • GRIZ326
Quote:

Originally Posted by CARLOS

Griz, you think about Mac or Linux?

Both are great, with a big BUT:

* Mac is really expensive when you think about having to re-invest in your software tools.

* Linux is wonderful, but doesn't have the tools I work with.

I'm hoping that when I buy my next computer in six months or so, that there will be alternatives. I don't expect the new Windows 7 to be it, so I am XP bound.
Post a Reply to: Which operating system are you using, Vista or Windows?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code