Menu
A westerner's post of China - which hurts me a lot
Aug 15, 2009 03:33
GUESTSMACK CAT This person has some fair points - they have been worded harshly and exaggerated, but they have fair points.

Also, they are a total idiot who many people who wish to rot in a fiery pit of sulfur while maggots feast on their innards.

Sorry, I got carried away there. I wouldn't really wish that if I had met this person.

However, what annoys me most is their sweeping use of "we" and "us" for westerners, as if they themselves have contributed much to their society and made it more powerful, which, let's be serious, they haven't. Why do you say "our", mysterious internet person? Has any Asian tried to sleep with you? Seriously? Your utter lack of charm says a big fat "NO" to me. Get off yourself. "Ha" in your face, self-glorifying jerk clown.

Oh, and I know they're not in this forum, but guess what jerk? I'm a teenage Asian girl, and I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that my English far surpasses yours, and that I'm going to end up a bigger player in "your" society than you ever will. So get back!

I don't insult groups...I only insult the person. And yes, I've got a lot of teenage hate in my heart, and one day I'm going to grow out of it. Til then, let my words be my sword.
Aug 17, 2009 12:59
  • SETH
I read that ignorant bigot's racist drivel and found myself deeply perturbed. Whatever small truths are embedded in his/her rantings, there are places in almost any country, including the USA, to which the criticism would apply. The image of China so badly presented is NOT the prevailing opinion in the west. The obnoxious insolent conceit is intolerable.

But the MAIN thing that bothered me about the article is that I have had ZERO - absolutely NOT ONE - Chinese women flocking to sleep with me! As such, I plan to lodge a formal complaint with the closest Chinese Consulate! :-))
Aug 18, 2009 12:28
  • SHESGOTTOBE
There are people like that everywhere. Yes, I've also encountered some Chinese who have the same attitude towards other countries and people. The best way is to not encourage them more by feeding into their hatred.

I am originally from the Philippines and I have heard/read nasty comments about my country and my people, but I will never stoop down to that level. People who have low self-esteem usually do that kind of thing, so no need to bring them down any further.
Last edited by SHESGOTTOBE: Aug 18, 2009 12:33
Aug 18, 2009 23:58
  • GARYKINKADE
The father of this "character in question" unfortunately did not use an empty Coors Lite beer can
with a Bulldog firecracker inside as a precautionary measure.
Aug 19, 2009 04:35
  • DODGER
On a lighter note, I did a gig last year for a company that works in the field of international company bonding sessions.
Our coordinator was a Yank. Big bloke too, 6.2 and in great shape and as it happens, as black as the ace of spades.
It was held at The Summer Palace. The group in question was about an hour and a half late. I suspect alcohol was involved, and I don’t think that it was Coors lite either.
The waiting didn’t really bother me that much as I was on an hourly rate, but I did start to feel for the Septic, as the tourists (locals) must have taken his picture about 50 times.
They didn’t actually ask him if it was OK, they just used him as a backdrop.
He’s probably now in a hundred family photo albums.
He was starting to feel a bit like an animal in the zoo. The support group (a motley crew) worked out what was going on and decided that if there was going to be any backdrop it was going to be multi coloured. The tourist quickly lost interest after that.
My point though is that we all have inbuilt prejudices, even if we are not aware of them..
If you were English, you would automatically presume that all Scotsmen were mean and miserly, all Irishmen were thick as a brick and Welshmen prefer to have sex with sheep.
This of course is ridicules, apart from the Welsh thing. Have you ever seen a good-looking Welsh bird?
Prejudice will always be around us. When good men do nothing…..
Dodger.

PS. One of my first girl friends was Welsh. It was the fat ankles that put me of. I still to this day have an aversion to them.
Jan 24, 2010 09:51
GUEST50149 I agree, his words are the reflection of his up bringing and charecter. Why bring yourself down to his level of mentality. China may be poor in the western minds but we easily make this up with the richness of our heritage, culture, literature and the arts.
Jan 26, 2010 10:58
  • BWINKS
The guy was a genuine ass hole. Sounded very racist and ignorant. Its sad that he could even be let outside of the country he's from.

As all the previous posters said, just ignore it and don't retaliate. Don't let it affect you. ... Its possible that he was just mad because his life in his home country sucked compared to the life he lived while in China... maybe there was some jealousy. Idk... all i can say is i sure hope he wasn't from my home country because that would be plain embarrassing (we have enough uneducated loud idiots as it is) :P

Also... when it comes to the literature, I believe pinyin was created to help foreigners (currently the global language is English) learn Chinese, as the Chinese characters are very complex. If i was an angry uneducated *** (and racist) i would so be bashing on Japan, China, and really any other countries that use such complex and cool looking characters. luckily i am NOT that kind of person.... but am still happy to learn chinese.

As for any of those stereotypes... the only one I've heard before (once) was that many people in china are dirty... but given the fact that there is such a gap between the rich and the broke-poor, it would only make sense that many of the civilians of the country would be dirty. Luckily the economy in china is on the UP, so maybe there is some progressive change for the poor of China. At least that's what i am hoping for.

Also it might be good for the website admins to delete that post or maybe that whole thread as this forum is for those interested in china. No hating on it. (If hating was accepted, wouldn't we allow profanity?) This forum is to help people, not hate on (or scare) people. ~if that anonomous pig does have an account, he should be removed, imho.
Feb 2, 2010 00:22
  • YANGOLA
The wrong self-punishment is angry at people for their mistakes.

I never expect people all over the world could respect me and my country. You can't be friends with all people.

I like english, also like iitalian. I don't speak well italian and english, i don't expect you speak and write good chinese.

There nice words and bad words. Nice words make people happy, we will smile too.

But the moment you say the bad words, i don't think you feel good.
Feb 16, 2010 00:20
GUEST46202 I am spanish and live in Spain. There's a lot of chinese people living here. Even just in 100 meters around my house, they manage two coffee shops, three supermarkets, and, of course, 3 or 4 chinese restaurants. Even people see and talk to them every day at their work, nobody has a chinese friend and it's hard to find an interacial couple. Even there's a lot of them with black or northafrican people.

so, people in Spain has no idea of the real life of chinese, even maybe there's a million of them living with us. And the misunderstanding is mutual. A month ago, a chinese providor of my company in an casual conversation asked me if we, spanish men, were allowed to have four wives. I told her not, we are a country with a catholic majority and it's strictly forbideden by laws too.

I think eastern and western people need to know each other better.The general idea in Europe is that China is really the third world. And myself, even I must travel every 3 or 4 months to China and my first trip was 20 years ago, I think China is in the third world too, but 20 years ago, maybe they were in the fifth world. And the most important is not where China is now, but what's the tendence and the forecast.

People than knew China 20 years ago, maybe would have the same opinion than mine. And this is due to the hard work of chinese people. I have no doubt in a future (a near future) with China as the strogest country economically or financially, but I think they need a social revolution as heavy as their economical revolution was.

Chinese women's roll is completely unacceptable, the social protection does not exist and the salary, even for a spezialiced worker is not enough for a decent life. But they are in this way to improve. I am sure.
Feb 17, 2010 05:52
  • GLADIATOR
I am an expat in china and i can tell you that there are only very rare people who can be so insensitive and racist. I have read many blogs in china and i have seen racist comments from chinese too, but i believe that its just a very small representation of people. The best is to ignore such people( from any race) and ;et them live ina world of delusion that they /their race are better than others. Peace.
Page 2 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: A westerner's post of China - which hurts me a lot
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code