Menu
A westerner's post of China - which hurts me a lot
Aug 12, 2009 07:45
  • BIENVENUE

I ran into this post by accident in a expat forum,I just wonder how can a human being write such acrimonious words...I am not generalizing expats, but do westerners really have this superior feeling in their mind? I've been silent for sometime here and most of the expats i see here are friendly.
---------------------------------------
"Despite the moderators hypocritical attempts to silence me I will continue to respond to this yellow face dog. Does he/she get to post rubbish just because he/she is Chinese? We cannot respond in kind?

Your country is full is dirty filthy people. Your health system is antiquated and backwards like the 3rd world country it is. Your people's sense of hygiene is the same as any other poor third world country. Why do we come here and act better than you? Because we are! You type on a computer with English letters....why? Because your language is the epitomy of stupidity. It is glorified hieroglyphics, last used with the Egyptians thousands of years ago. Your country adapts technology to accommodate your backwards ways. Why did you invent pinyin? If this country is so great why must you accommodate us and not the other way around? Because you know deep inside the inferiority of your culture and language. Your country contains more and more English. Your women flock to sleep with our men. Your children spend late nights learning English. You yourself learn English. Why? Because you realize it is the language of the world and the international community. Without it you are the ignorant dog no different than the ayi sweeping my floor.

Answer me you coward, Stop posting in your barbarian language and write in proper English. "

Aug 12, 2009 09:23
  • LAOWAIGD
Quote:

Originally Posted by BIENVENUE View Post

I ran into this post by accident in a expat forum,I just wonder how can a human being write such acrimonious words...I am not generalizing expats, but do westerners really have this superior feeling in their mind? I've been silent for sometime here and most of the expats i see here are friendly.
---------------------------------------

Well, in a way hes right. English is for the time being the language to absorb. Im from Sweden and we have to learn that in order to get around.
Dirty, well he might even be right here for the time being. Some chinese are not, some are. That is probably cause some people does not have the facilities or knowledge. But dont worry, China will not stay like this for long. I give it 50 some years to pole position.

Anyway, the post was not nice and i would not have written it that way.
Aug 12, 2009 11:14
  • BIENVENUE
But can he just have a tiny little bit of respect to others? I guess I never see such civilized creature before and would never in future. in Chinese, he is really a 极品
Aug 12, 2009 17:11
GUEST11050 Bienvenue (= welcome or welcome back in French)
That is simply an opinion to which a person is entitled. In fact, there is some truth to his/her impression of China. It can be presented with a dose of diplomacy nonetheless. I would not take that on a personal level. Both China and India are enjoying a healthy economic growth while the same scenario cannot be said in European or Western countries. Bienvenue, mental illness is a prevalent mental disorder which has no boundaries. Think of it as influenza of the mind. Be gentle to yourself! Ignore the igoranmus. Have a good day!
Jee Kam Chung
Aug 12, 2009 18:16
  • COOLSPRINGS
>> Your children spend late nights learning English<<

Let's wait and see how soon Mandarine will be the required sencond language in primary schools in the U.S.A.
Aug 12, 2009 22:07
  • SUNNYDREAM
Every country has narrow-minded racists. Leave him/her alone! He/she is obviously hostile to China and its people.
Aug 12, 2009 22:40
GUESTGUEST ...
Let's see... how can I put this as diplomatically and inoffensiveably as possible...

He's a bigot and fool (tho' not necessarily in that order).
Aug 13, 2009 01:02
  • WANHU
That is what an open forum is all about, some words we may never agree. Although the moderators have spelt out what to write and what not to, not many people adhere to those advocations.
Wan
Aug 13, 2009 04:20
  • DODGER
Bienvenue, I am not an apologist for this poster, but to be fair you would have to include all of the other posts in the same thread for us to really be able to judge just what went on to cause this outburst.
However, I would agree that his debating skills are about zero.
Once someone resorts to personal attacks it either means that they are loosing the argument, they have no argument or they are ignorant.
I might add that I was discussing a resent incident that happened in China with my wife the other day. She told me that all of the men from the region are thieves and pick pockets and the women are all prostitutes. And that is from the mouth of a well educated professional woman.
We all need to be careful not to stereotype complete racial groups on what we read or hear about them.
Racism and bigotry is not just a western problem.
Dodger.
Aug 13, 2009 19:17
  • MARRIE
>>Once someone resorts to personal attacks it either means that they are loosing the argument, <<.

I agree with Dodger. Personal attack and losing the temper makes argument reach dead end.
Last edited by MARRIE: Aug 13, 2009 19:18
Aug 14, 2009 20:20
  • LARRYBOY
Bienvenue, do not lower yourself to that persons level because of anger. The bonehead who writes these things has achieved what he or she wanted most....and that is a reaction. Do not say anymore than what is necessary or you will give yourself away and open the door for more attacks. Some people you can not change. Then there are those who live for adversity out of pure entertainment because of their own lives that are boring. Do not give the devil a foothold or you will lose the battle. I also agree with all that replied. LB
Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: A westerner's post of China - which hurts me a lot
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code