Menu
Lonely Hearts Club.
Aug 28, 2009 23:05
  • DODGER
Chartered Accountant, 42, seeks female for marriage.
Duties will include cooking, light cleaning and accompanying me to office social functions. References required. No time wasters.
Box 345.

Bad tempered, foul-mouthed old b'stard living in a damp cottage in the ar$e end of Orkney seeks attractive 21-year-old blonde with big chest.
Box 40/27.

Aberdeen man, 50, in desperate need of a ride. Anything considered.
Box 0603.

Heavy drinker, 35, Glasgow area, seeks gorgeous sex addict interested in pints, fags, Celtic football club and starting fights on Sauchiehall Street at three in the morning.
Box 73/82

Grossly overweight Buckie turf cutter, 42, seeks nimble sexpot, preferably South American, for tango sessions, candlelight dinners and humid nights of screaming passion. Must have own car and be willing to travel.
Box09/08.

Bitter, disillusioned Dundonian lately rejected by long-time fiancée seeks decent, honest, reliable woman, if such a thing exists in this cruel world of hatchet-faced ***.
Box6/41

Ginger haired Paisley troublemaker, gets slit eyed and shirty after a few scoops, seeks attractive, wealthy lady for bail purposes, maybe more.
Box 8/87

Attractive brunette, Maryhill area, winner of Miss Wrangler competition at Frampton’s Nightclub, Maryhill in September 1978, seeks nostalgic man who’s not afraid to cry, for long nights spent comfort drinking and listening to old Abba records. Please, please.
Box 30/41

Govan man, medium build, brown hair, blue eyes, seeks alibi for the night of 27th February between 8pm and 11.30pm.
Box 34/65
Dodger.
Aug 30, 2009 19:34
  • MARRIE
Dodger, here is a song I like most which address the girls and boys in lonely hearts club.
I have tried to do the indirect translation of its lyrics, It's sung by my favorit actress and pop singer Gigi Leung from HK.

Far Away

Lyrics
I hope you remember the words that I hide in the heart:
I don’t feel to be left alone with the hope flickering among the stars.
I enjoy each beautiful day with painting you in my mind.
I want to go through the time tunnel beyond centuries and horizon for the twinkling
Light that I am looking for. That is you!
How close you are at hand.
It is until yesterday that I have been reserving emotions for the stranger who I have been looking forward to.
It is until yesterday that I have been still blaming the Heaven for not giving me the luck.
How close you were at hand…If I had taken one step forward, I could have kissed you…
Last edited by MARRIE: Aug 30, 2009 19:49
Aug 31, 2009 01:13
  • GARYKINKADE
Re: DODGER's joke.. Bwa ha ha ha
MARRIE, bless your heart , you just took the tartness out.
Aug 31, 2009 03:30
  • DODGER
Marrie,
Gary’s right. There I was taking the pi$$ out of Lonely Heart advertisements and you come and post something beautiful ; now I feel like a complete prat!
Dodger.
Sep 1, 2009 15:15
  • SETH
Dodger - now I'm confused. I though it was a serious advertisement and I would have gladly responded to the Attractive Brunette except that I don't care for Abba's music. Oh well --
Sep 2, 2009 05:10
  • DODGER
Seth, I don’t know if you’ve ever been to Scotland. Mate.
The last time I was there a Lassie came up to me in a pub and said “ Laddie, do you fancy a quickie , only cost you a pint for me and my mate?”
Her mate turned out to be her boyfriend.
Dodger.
Sep 5, 2009 13:36
  • MARRIE
I used to read, the most talented British actor has such performing skills that she can act out a touching love story with a table alone on the stage. The lonely heart club members are catching up with a pc instead of a table.
Post a Reply to: Lonely Hearts Club.
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code