Menu
What I need to come to China to get married?
Sep 12, 2009 16:48
  • CHOOCHOO
Hello

What do I need to come to China to get married without having to fly back to UK for documents etc? What type Visa should I get to start with?

I sold my house and I am coming to China to look for a wife and work.
Thanks
Sep 12, 2009 20:56
  • VICTORMAI
oh, sounds crazy...
hunting for a job and at the same time hunting for a wife...............
Sep 13, 2009 04:16
  • DAVEC
I dont like to pee on your bonfire but sounds like you havent really thought it through.
There are so many issues with what you plan that I dont think we have enough space to answer.

Getting visa to visit China is easy enough, I have been 5 times in last 3 years and it takes about 1 week to apply. Getting a work visa is another matter, I think you have to have job lined up first.
I am getting married in China next year. In the UK we need to get a letter from the birth/death marriages to say we are single and free to marry, that has to be verifeid by foreign office and Chinese embassy. There are places online you can send paperwork to and they get it all authorised for you, cost is about £150 and is valid for 6 months.
I have a lovely woman and we work very hard to make the relationship work, cultural differences as well and language are the minimum of our problems. Mixed relationships are not easy and the pressure of trying to find and marry a woman as well as find a job within 6 months is not going to make your task easy.
Sep 13, 2009 10:32
  • BECKYLEE
I don't get it ,why you give up all you had just for these you had never know?
Sep 13, 2009 15:30
  • CHOOCHOO
I know that.

So I do not need to physically travel back to UK if I need any papers?

Where are you?

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAVEC View Post

I dont like to pee on your bonfire but sounds like you havent really thought it through.
There are so many issues with what you plan that I dont think we have enough space to answer.

Getting visa to visit China is easy enough, I have been 5 times in last 3 years and it takes about 1 week to apply. Getting a work visa is another matter,...
Last edited by CHOOCHOO: Sep 13, 2009 15:32
Sep 13, 2009 15:31
  • CHOOCHOO
Quote:

Originally Posted by BECKYLEE

I don't get it ,why you give up all you had just for these you had never know?

Believe me, Asia is better than UK
For me anyway
Sep 14, 2009 00:24
  • CHOOCHOO
I believe from some people here saying its quite easy to get an English teachng job even if you dont have a degree or even a CELTA?
Sep 14, 2009 12:32
  • DAVEC
I am in UK. What papers are you thinking about?
You must know what is needed before you travel.
I think the only stuff you could get while in China would be to do with visa, even then you may have to pop over to HK to get it.

I wanted to up sticks and leave for China, but looking into it was a reality check.
I know what I want to do, but I dont have the finaces to do it just yet.

Do you really want to marry a Chinese woman that you will barely know? Have you had Chinese gf before?
Sep 14, 2009 12:37
  • CHOOCHOO
Your in Hong Kong.

Well how do you survive as it is expensive there no?
The visa there is just one month right?

No Chinese girl but had few Thai girfriends when I ws in Thailand.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAVEC View Post

I am in UK. What papers are you thinking about?
You must know what is needed before you travel.
I think the only stuff you could get while in China would be to do with visa, even then you may have to pop over to HK to get it.

I wanted to up sticks and leave for China, but looking into it was a reality check.
I know what I want...
Sep 15, 2009 15:18
  • GAFFER
I would advise you to find the lady first either online or through an agency, then build a relationship before visiting. Having said that beware of scams, rip-offs and gold diggers.

I think you will find your plans will be impossible without leaving China and more likely coming back to the UK to sort out paperwork.

There are many things to consider to establish a relationship not the least language, tradition and cultural differences. You will find tradition stronger and lack of English more common in China than most other Asian countries.
Sep 19, 2009 10:49
  • CHOOCHOO
Well you hae to be in China to find lady
Internet dating does not really work.
Cannot put emotions, soul, character through wires

Quote:

Originally Posted by GAFFER View Post

I would advise you to find the lady first either online or through an agency, then build a relationship before visiting. Having said that beware of scams, rip-offs and gold diggers.

I think you will find your plans will be impossible without leaving China and more likely coming back to the UK to sort out paperwork.

There are many...
Last edited by CHOOCHOO: Sep 19, 2009 10:50
Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: What I need to come to China to get married?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code