Menu
Whats your view on acupuncture
Sep 13, 2009 14:28
  • DAVEC
I just wondered what peoples opinions are on acupuncture.
China has been using it for thousands of years and it is slowly merging into the west. In my city there are a few Chinese doctors that offer acupuncture and massage.

I have had problems with my arm/wrist for about 4 months now, tried many things, seen different doctors and had physio to try and resolve the problem.
Last week I was refered to have acupuncture, I thought it was unusual that an English doctor would suggest I try a Chinese cure.
Maybe the west is coming round to Chinese medicine.
Sep 13, 2009 16:34
  • WUYUETIAN
Feet, according to traditional chinese medicine theory are the roots of life and each particular spot on feet stands for each organ of the body. I learn from my parents that if you feel pain on your feet, especially to males, there must be something wrong with your body. I love Chinese tradional massage, which is an efficient therapy to keep you from sub-health status under which we seem to be most of time because of pressure from work, study and house chores, etc.

It's believed that foot and head therapy is of the most efficient cure.

Last edited by WUYUETIAN: Sep 13, 2009 16:45
Sep 13, 2009 22:28
  • FADISH
I think traditional chinese acupuncture and massage do good to your body. The western medicines have side-effect, but Chinese medicine and acupuncture doesn't.
Sep 28, 2009 04:16
GUEST888 It is not unusual at all for the West to also adopt acupuncture as a treatment; in fact when i was in Zurich about 10 years ago, i was treated by a Swiss doctor who do use acupuncture to treat patients. I have also visited a hospital in Guilin, Guangxi Province where acupuncture practitioners all over the world visit the famed hospital.
Sep 28, 2009 04:24
GUEST888 I have also been treated for shoulder & neck aches in a private China owned, managed and staffed acupuncture clinic in Singapore (EXPENSIVE); and the treatment sessions (10) did help to ease the pains for awhile (months) but the pains surfaced again. This time i went holistic to find out the exact cause of the pains which required a CT scan (Western medicine ha ha). I think Western and Eastern medical practices can complement each other well. In fact many hospitals in China do this! Check it out!!!
Oct 1, 2009 04:22
  • GAFFER
There must be something in it because Acupuncture is now available on the NHS (in some areas)
As my partner is a Chinese Therapist I have had this painless treatment for back problems. I can't swear that it cures, but it certainly seemed to help. Some of her other "therapies" I'm a little more sceptical about ;)

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Acupuncture/Pages/Who-can-use-it.aspx
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/health/alternative_medicine/article6623351.ece

Oct 5, 2009 06:20
  • WANHU
Some countries term acupuncture and herbs from China as complementary medicine. I had a stroke attack before, and had my treatment through acupuncture and herbs. I underwent an acupuncture threatment in Guangzhou for forty two days. In Beijing University Shenzhen Hospital, it provides both modern and traditional. It's worth a try.
Wan
Oct 9, 2009 06:03
  • HERBEAT
I had a friend from Canada whose major is acupuncture when he was in college. I want to have the acupuncture and even massage on acupuncture points but never got a chance. but I'm keen on it and read lots of books in it. I think it's good and useful when it's done correctly~~
Post a Reply to: Whats your view on acupuncture
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code