Menu
Beauty or high morals?
Oct 24, 2009 21:54
  • HERBEAT
I have lots of English speaking friends. It seems to me that those guys fall in love with Chinese girls easily. But then when another one comes out, they would change their mind and fall in love with the second one. Most of the time the Chinese they fall in love are beauties.

There are also some friends who tell that they love me. But when I ask them why, the first reason is always "you are beautiful". I don't like this answer at all. Of course to look at a nice-looking perwson is enjoyable. But is it really important to a relationship?

I always think that to make the husband happy and take care of him is the most important thing to a female, as a Chinese who is surrounded by Chinese culture. As far as I concern, a lady is nice if she's gentle, could cook delicious meals, take care of her husband, try to make her husband happy and things like that based on the love to her partner. My friends always say that I'm out because of my traditional thoughts.

But to me, the beautiful appearance is really not important at all.

How you guys think?
Oct 24, 2009 23:28
  • BOBERT
When the lights go out....who cares!
Oct 25, 2009 00:20
  • SUKUKI
I KNOW that beauty is only minor part yet, it is important to make so called "first impression".. I know some very beautiful girls who are not very nice and also know some who are very beautiful both inside and out. In the end, its down to individual person and in my opinion, outer beauty only fades in time..
Oct 25, 2009 01:04
  • BOBERT
A beautiful girl can make you temporarily happy. However the right girl can make you content forever.
Oct 26, 2009 05:14
  • SUKUKI
I am yet to find this "beauty" in life.. still waiting...
Oct 26, 2009 07:13
  • HERBEAT
Quote:

Originally Posted by BOBERT View Post

When the lights go out....who cares!
But I know some person who take English speaking people with the reason to get a green card or money. Don't you mind it?
Last edited by HERBEAT: Oct 26, 2009 07:14
Oct 26, 2009 07:15
  • HERBEAT
Quote:

Originally Posted by SUKUKI

I KNOW that beauty is only minor part yet, it is important to make so called "first impression".. I know some very beautiful girls who are not very nice and also know some who are very beautiful both inside and out. In the end, its down to individual person and in my opinion, outer beauty only fades in time..

Hehe, I couldn't agree with you more^-^
Oct 26, 2009 12:17
  • GAFFER
Maybe these men fall in LUST rather than fall in LOVE? The first is usually temporary, the second, if real should last. True love is loving the person not the facade
Oct 26, 2009 14:53
  • BOBERT
I have a question for you HERBEAT. Do the same rules apply to females being attracted to males? Where does the physical appearance of the male rate for the female? I suspect it will be of little signifigance. I suspect the female is looking for far more than just physical appearance. If so, then does that imply that the female of the species is discerning while the male is superficial? Does this mean the female is prudent and far sighted while the male is only seeking short term self gratification? By extention does this mean the female is cunning and devious by accentuating her beauty to attract the male knowing the male is simply lustful and hedonistic?
Oct 26, 2009 21:07
  • MARRIE
Hello, Bob, they say that the guys who like politics are no more than woman who are cunning and devious.

M.

Oct 26, 2009 21:28
  • HERBEAT
Quote:

Originally Posted by BOBERT View Post

I have a question for you HERBEAT. Do the same rules apply to females being attracted to males? Where does the physical appearance of the male rate for the female? I suspect it will be of little signifigance. I suspect the female is looking for far more than just physical appearance. If so, then does that imply that the female of the species is dis...

Hi Bob, I'm sorry but your questions seems too complicated to me. I'm neither good at generalization nor anthropology. So I don't think I'm qualified enough to answer your questions in a generalization. To me, there're not too many differences between male and female. They all are human beings. Each one gets his own characteristic and they live on the earth equally. Good or bad, a person is a person. I've not begun to seek anyone yet... But one thing for sure is that when I face the problem, I wouldn't think anything like that. Love is a kind of feeling more than so many conditions to think about. Hope you wouldn't mind me saying this.
Page 1 of 11    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Beauty or high morals?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code