Menu
Beauty or high morals?
Oct 29, 2009 21:18
  • HERBEAT
Quote:

Originally Posted by SUKUKI

I think she is doing all right.. remember, english is her second language..(i think??)

Hey SUKUKI, it's very nice of you to say that. Yes, English is my second language. And some more answers, Chinese is my first language, English the second and French the third
Oct 29, 2009 21:21
  • HERBEAT
Let's forget about the "good thing", ok? A failure jokking, I suppose...
Oct 29, 2009 22:23
  • BOBERT
"Let's forget about the good thing,OK?" Maybe that would be a "good thing" HERBEAT.
Oct 29, 2009 22:36
  • HERBEAT
Bob, thank you for trying to help me with my English. As I said, I'm really very grateful to you. And any help is welcome and will always be. If you want any help in Chinese, I would like to help you since my Chinese is ok^-^

By the way, there were lots of embarrassment in the past, one recently in fact. When the Diamond Princess arrived, I was a guide for the guests. I don't know why but that day when I said years, I kept saying something like one thousand nine hundred and thirty... I knew how to say it more than ten years ago but still made the stupid mistake.

Another day when I had dinner with some of my English speaking friends, I tried to explain a dish on the table. Now I know it's Chinese yam but I forgot the word. So I tried to explain it like this... It contains lots of nutrients the same as tomato. It should be starch in potato but without thinking, I kept repeating tomato. All the friends from England, Canada, Sweden and America spent almost ten minutes to think the nutrition contains in tomato and they even gave the answer "seeds". After another ten minutes when we ate it, a Canadian asked, "hey, Yolanda, did you mean potao?" I told him that even from the very beginning I told all of you that it's potato. But they almost shouted "no, you kept repeating tomato all the time" at the same moment... That's embarrassing, VERY...

So once again, any correcting would be welcome. And thank you very much for helping^-^
Oct 29, 2009 22:37
  • HERBEAT
Ah-oh... TCG went crazy again I guess...... Help, SIVA? OR CHRISTINE?
Oct 29, 2009 22:49
  • CHRISTINE
  • Community Moderator
Quote:

Originally Posted by HERBEAT

Ah-oh... TCG went crazy again I guess...... Help, SIVA? OR CHRISTINE?

Well, we didn't go crazy, Herbeat. We just wonder if there is something wrong with your keyboard or you met any problem when posting a reply. If your keyboard made you crazy, better buy a new one If you met any problem when posting threads or replies, please let us know as soon as quickly.

By the way, your USERNAME is very interesting. HERBEAT? Why not choose "Beather"
Oct 29, 2009 23:19
  • BOBERT
For the last 15 minutes or so it's been impossible for me to upload a change of avatar. It gives a SERVER APPLICATION UNAVAILABLE warning. Perhaps this is part of the difficulty HERBEAT is currently experiencing.
Oct 30, 2009 01:03
  • SUKUKI
and me also...
Oct 30, 2009 01:37
  • CHRISTINE
  • Community Moderator
Dear Bobert and Sukuki,

Now this problem has been solved. Thank you for reporting it to us.

Community Moderators
Oct 30, 2009 02:49
  • BOBERT
CHRISTINE, I was suprised how quickly you responded to HERBEATs problem. Do you monitor everything that's written here? Perhaps I should be more diplomatic with what I write in future.
Page 5 of 11    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Beauty or high morals?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code