Menu
what's your opinion on make-up?
Nov 9, 2009 21:59
Natural beauty doesn't mean physical beauty only. The inner beauty is more important. Do you think a good looking girl who spit in the street is pretty? Wearing make-up might make you look more beautiful. But something deep inside you can't be changed forever.
Nov 9, 2009 22:11
GUESTVICKY614
Quote:

Originally Posted by LONELYJOURNEY

Natural beauty doesn't mean physical beauty only. The inner beauty is more important. Do you think a good looking girl who spit in the street is pretty? Wearing make-up might make you look more beautiful. But something deep inside you can't be changed forever.

I thought we were talking about something physical.
I agree with you, spitting on the street is the ugliest thing ever. We should also value inner beauty. That's so true that you can't change the inner side of you by just wearing make-up. But why not make yourself look better when there's something you can do. Make-up doesn't make one shallow or lose someone's inner beauty. Don't you agree that make-up can make someone look better no matter you have inner beauty or not?
Dec 4, 2009 17:30
GUEST20881 wearing very light makeup is okay.. but to heavy makeup often look like drag queens or they are trying very hard to be pretty_ me personally i like to just put on a little mascara on and thats it
Dec 8, 2009 22:25
GUESTHOHOHO
Quote:

Originally Posted by HERBEAT View Post

There're people who think that women like wearing make-up. But I don't. I just wear make-up when I have to. My bosses think it's a way to show our respect to some important guests. So I have no choice when there're VIPs. But when I'm free, I don't wear any make up at all. Just leave my hair hang down and walk along the seaside. I enjoy the fe...

GREATEST MAKE-OVER: Jimmy Chan, a 44-year-old man from Hong Kong has been crowned the number one Santa in this year's World's Best Santa Contest. The annual event was held in Sweden as part of the Snöyran winter festival. The specific location was Gaellivare, a small town approximately 100 km from the Arctic Circle.

Chan beat out eight other competitors from around the world for the title of "Number One Santa." Contestants had to take part in tasks such as chimney climbing, porridge eating, reindeer racing, and gift wrapping. The whole experience was authentic in the -20 degree setting of Gaellivare.

Dec 8, 2009 23:30
  • HERBEAT
The Snöyran winter festival, I like that^-^ And I don't think I mind if Santa wear make-up but I'll think it's too funny. But I think that festival should be in Finland...
Dec 13, 2009 21:21
  • LARRYBOY
True beauty is not meant to be hidden behind a mask of make up,, all women are made beautiful no matter how their outward appearance. Just my preference. True beauty is seen as is ,,,,in ward and outward,, if one can not get past the outward ,, then shallow they will be and really miss out on the inward real beauty.
Dec 13, 2009 22:16
  • HERBEAT
That's true. But to a stranger, people would tend to choose a prettier one to do the further study... So the ones who get the inner beauty but not so great outside might loose the chance to let people know them... I mean sometimes...
Dec 14, 2009 14:02
  • SHESGOTTOBE
I am kinda neutral on this. Even men on TV (actors, newscasters, hosts) wear make-up. It is natural that you want to look your best, especially when you know a lot of eyes are looking at you. As long as it is tastefully done, it is alright. The purpose of make-up is to hide those annoying blemishes or imperfections. Some overdo it though. They usually end up looking like cadavers with make-up.
Last edited by SHESGOTTOBE: Dec 14, 2009 14:04
Dec 14, 2009 14:13
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Inner beauty is totally different. I agree that inner beauty is far more important than outward appearance, but... who sees inner beauty? Only your family and friends actually. You don't see inner beauty until you get to know the person first. Everyone else looks at you and sees your appearance first.

I was in one forum discussing about this. The guys are asked: If there are two women that you do not know and you see them on the street, one is dolled up and has a nice body; the other one is chunky and wearing sweats, who would you prefer to date? Funny thing is... the question was ignored.
Last edited by SHESGOTTOBE: Dec 14, 2009 14:14
Dec 15, 2009 02:31
  • CHERRY07
Quote:

Originally Posted by SHESGOTTOBE

I was in one forum discussing about this. The guys are asked: If there are two women that you do not know and you see them on the street, one is dolled up and has a nice body; the other one is chunky and wearing sweats, who would you prefer to date? Funny thing is... the question was ignored.

Most women will choose the first guy. So will I. This is how the first impression works. Maybe the second guy is good but his doesn't give a good impression on other people.
Page 2 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: what's your opinion on make-up?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code