Menu
A massage from a doctor of traditional Chinese midicine
Oct 29, 2009 22:20
  • HERBEAT
Yesterday morning, a human being and a nurse went across their residence community as usual. All of a sudden they discovered a newly opened massage shop. The owners of the shop tried to invite them going into the shop with unbelievable enthusiastic. And the owners worked it out.

There were more than four massagists offered free massage service and they kept saying it's free and they would try their best to give the customers a top traditional Chinese medical massage since the shop was open for business the day before and with their more than 30 years' massage exprience. So the customers agreed to have a try.

During the following hour, the customers felt painful but they were told its because of the pressing on the "true" acupuncture points and they would feel much better after that. In addition, the health condition would be improved with their professional massage. To the respectful of traditional Chinese medicine, the two customers suffered for an hour.

After that, they were charged 140 and the next morning, i.e. this morning, the human being felt nothing but her neck hurt a lot.

So have you ever tried any massage from a doctor of traditional Chinese medicine? Do you believe that? Any opinion on acupuncture points?

Oh, by the way, the human being mentioned here is the unfortunately poor HERBEAT
Last edited by HERBEAT: Oct 29, 2009 23:00
Oct 29, 2009 23:01
  • HERBEAT
I don't think this fits for the forum but it came here automaticly. What can I do?
Oct 29, 2009 23:17
  • CHRISTINE
  • Community Moderator
Herbeat,

Did you hit "Start a Thread" on All Forums page (http://community.travelchinaguide.com/forum/)? If so, please notice that you have to choose Forum and Destination when you posting a thread. Our default settings for Forum and Destination are Travel Q&A and General Destination. That's why your thread directly goes to Travel Q&A section. Next time, just remember to choose a suitable forum when posting threads.

By the way, if you choose Travel Q&A, Travel Companions, Expats China or China Visa Forum, you can choose which destination your threads go to. However, if you choose other forums, your will not allowed to choose a destination and your threads just go to that forum you choosed.

Here is another way: we have list all of our sub-forums on left, you can choose any sub-forum to post a thread. Then you won't have that problem you met before.

Community Moderators
Oct 31, 2009 01:14
  • HERBEAT
Thank you Christine. Even though I'm still foggy...
Last edited by HERBEAT: Oct 31, 2009 01:15
Oct 31, 2009 05:23
  • GAFFER
Herbeat,
My wife is a traditional Chinese therapist who provides massage, acupuncture, cupping and other treatments. She has trained for several years and continues to do so even now, attaining several college qualifications. It is wise to ask to see qualification certificates before accepting treatment. A genuine clinic will probably have these displayed on the wall.

I can vouch for the fact that Chinese massage can be a little painful at the time but should not be the next day unless you had an underlying problem. Usually this type of massage is prescribed for some problem or illness and would be part of a course of treatment which may also include acupuncture.
Nov 1, 2009 01:28
  • HERBEAT
Hi Gaffer, thank you very much for your reply. I guess I might have some underlying problem... Maybe a massage will be enjoyable if it's from a professional therapist as your wife. But I don't think it's easy to find. I would like to have an acupuncture on my knee but don't dare to take any from the unknown "doctors"...
By the way, do you think a massage with acupuncture points is good for the health?
Nov 1, 2009 04:05
  • GAFFER
Herbeat,
Tricky question, my wife might read this As a laowai I am probably biased toward western medicine, but in China such treatments are taken very seriously and many hospitals have traditional treatment departments. In the UK medical experts now accept that acupuncture can be beneficial, in fact the NHS (UK free medical treatment) now offers some acupuncture treatment free. Luckily I am rarely sick, but if I complain of any ache or pain I am soon looking like a pin cushion . Personally I think the placebo effect has a lot to do with any treatment. If you believe it will work, then it probably will.
Nov 1, 2009 23:32
  • HERBEAT
Hehe, I agree with you Gaffer. I think sometimes the attitude will have a great influence on the healing. And I guess the Chinese treatment would also be great if I get a qualified doctor. But the best way is to aboid being ill I suppose^-^
By the way, i think the faces are very cute
Last edited by HERBEAT: Nov 1, 2009 23:33
Nov 7, 2009 06:41
  • WANHU
I have the experience of undergoing both massage and acupuncture treatment in Guangzhou for my ailment. A good doctor will know when to put more or less pressure. If for the first time, sometimes a person may feel some discomfort but surely not unbearable pain. In another part of Guangzhou I underwent a total acupuncture treatment without massage for 30 days. Yes, like Gaffer said, some countries a quite receptive to this kind of treatment, from alternative becomes complimentary, including Malaysia. Now Putrajaya government-owned hospital is providing this acupuncture treatment.
Wan
Post a Reply to: A massage from a doctor of traditional Chinese midicine
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code