Menu
Prostitutes also have personal dignity!!!
Nov 4, 2009 22:37
  • BOBERT
Relax JIMMYB. You started an interesing forum and I would love to continue it. I can't speak Japanese,Greek or Russians either. However my computer can.

I apologise for hijacking what was an interesting debate.
Nov 4, 2009 22:47
  • HERBEAT
Sorry Jimmyb. I would like to pick up the topic after Bob, and in English, of course^-^
Nov 4, 2009 22:47
  • HERBEAT
Sorry Jimmyb. I would like to pick up the topic after Bob, and in English, of course^-^
Nov 4, 2009 22:54
  • MARRIE
In case mainland chinese is blocked from some webs. I would post here something about how westerners see this. It's legalized outside world , chinese folks. However, we cannot see any disorderred society outside, which much depends on value base, education and the level of spiritual development that is based on development of materialism.

http://www.nationalpost.com/news/canada/story.html?id=2125858

Prostitution laws protect against 'moral corruption'

Not something we want for young girls, Christian groups say

Natalie Alcoba, National Post
Published: Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Protecting public morals with laws that outlaw aspects of prostitution remains a legitimate objective for Parliament, argue Christian groups opposing a constitutional challenge of prostitution laws.

Speaking for the Christian Legal Fellowship, Catholic Civil Rights League and REAL Women of Canada in court yesterday, lawyer Derek Bell said morality is all over the Criminal Code -- in laws punishing bestiality, voyeurism, public nudity and loitering. "Nowhere does it say that moral views are irrelevant," Mr. Bell told Ontario Superior Court of Justice Susan Himel, referring to previous court decisions.

Read more: http://www.nationalpost.com/news/canada/story.html?id=2125858#ixzz0VxRVkOaV
The New Financial Post Stock Market Challenge starts in October. You could WIN your share of $60,000 in prizing. Register NOW

Nov 4, 2009 22:55
  • MARRIE
"The prohibitions contained in the impugned laws in part were designed to protect public morals and against moral corruption."

The constitutional challenge brought by three women -- a dominatrix, a former sex trade worker and a working prostitute-- revolves around a right to security, which they say is violated by laws that prevent them from hiring people to protect them, or from working indoors in brothels. Their lawyer, Alan Young, has said this case is not about whether people morally agree with the sale of sex. He argues that although Parliament is authorized to protect core values, which is why bestiality is outlawed, morals have a limited role to play in a secular society.

Nov 4, 2009 22:56
  • MARRIE
The challenged laws make it illegal to run or work in a bawdy house, to communicate for the purposes of prostitution or to live off the avails of prostitution.

Ruth Ross, executive director of Christian Legal Fellowship, said outside of court the Supreme Court of Canada has "made it clear that social values do have a role to play."

She said the opposition mounted by the three groups extends beyond religious views.

"Harm takes place when public morals --morals that are acceptable to the community -- are compromised," Ms. Ross said. "We wouldn't hestitate to say that it's in everyone's interest to say we all share in certain values."

Joanne McGarry, executive director of the Catholic Civil Rights League, said condoning prostitution would send a bad signal to a vulnerable population, and also the wrong message to young girls that this is an acceptable way to earn a living.

"Clearly this is something that we don't want for our young girls," Ms. Ross said.

Mr. Bell pointed to surveys in 1985, the year parliament enacted the communication law, that showed 62% of Canadians believed prostitution to be immoral. That number was 68% in 2006, according to Leger pollsters, Mr. Bell said. "I'll submit that it's difficult to get 68% of Canadians to agree on much," he said.

Read more: http://www.nationalpost.com/news/canada/story.html?id=2125858#ixzz0VxRrx2SS
The New Financial Post Stock Market Challenge starts in October. You could WIN your share of $60,000 in prizing. Register NOW
Nov 4, 2009 22:57
  • MARRIE
Mr. Young said it is misleading to rely on just one survey, saying that he, too, has opinion polls to draw on, but lawyers for the government of Canada argued against introducing more evidence. Judge Himel said she would ignore the Leger poll, which Mr. Bell said was meant to show that "concerns that were once held have not gone away."

Earlier in the day, a lawyer for the government of Ontario argued that the presence of bawdy houses that often parade women in a lineup so clients can have their pick conflicts with values of human dignity and equality. Speaking for the Attorney-General of Ontario, Christine Bartlett-Hughes said banning brothels is Parliament's way of curtailing the commodification of women and children through an activity it deems harmful. Laws against public solicitation of sex deal with nuisance, but also guard against normalizing prostitution.

She said even if the applicants can establish lower rates of violence in indoor prostitution compared with street workers, there remains the harm that is intrinsic to the "merchandisation" of women, and that justifies a blanket prohibition of bawdy houses.

Read more: http://www.nationalpost.com/news/canada/story.html?id=2125858#ixzz0VxRz8MPZ
Nov 4, 2009 22:57
  • HERBEAT
Well, in fact, you could use some software to go through the blocks and check whatever you want...
Nov 4, 2009 23:02
  • MARRIE
And I want to say the value base is established in teens stage when the personality is almost shaped. So parents should pay much more attention and give positive support as much as possible to their children so as to pave them the way in terms of ability to earn a decent living in the future.
Nov 5, 2009 00:06
Quote:

Originally Posted by BOBERT View Post

Mes apolodies,je ne parlerai plus français.
1500 per day is very big money to most people so I can understand your jealousy. I admit I am also jealous. However being jealous is no reason to restrict the sale of a product that causes no harm."Do you ever think about those male customers' wives". Yes of course I do. Do you? Many wives have no ...

Bobert, frigid women are fewer. I guess that most women wouldn’t let their husbands philander with other girls outside. Besides, faithfulness plays a big role in marriage. Philandering or seeking whores outside is kinda betrayal to marriage.

Ladies here have a big say in this matter. I am eager to know HERBEAT’s view on this matter since she is a typical traditional Chinese girl.

PS: The reason why I say she is a typical traditional Chinese girl is that she once said that women should follow their husbands in public. A typical traditional girl would do this. Well, I can be wrong too because I don’t know her very much. It’s only my guess.
Page 4 of 8    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Prostitutes also have personal dignity!!!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code