Menu
What a crazy girl!!!
Nov 12, 2009 00:59
  • HERBEAT
When I read the thread, I just read the first page, and if you do that, you would find some topic...
Nov 12, 2009 02:35
  • DODGER
Bob thanks for feeling sorry for me, but what I’d really like is to be educated.
What personnel experiences do you base your statement,“I have mostly found Chinese to be extremely gullible. They can be very childlike“.
Cheers, Dodger.
Nov 12, 2009 03:18
  • BOBERT
Have you ever heard of "Crazy English " Dodger?
If not, do a Google search and you will know what I mean. I rest my case.
Nov 12, 2009 03:36
  • BOBERT
By the way Dodger, I am not for one minute disagreeing with you that Chinese people are kind and warm hearted. I have been to China on more than 15 occasions in the past 20 years, always stayed for more than one month. I have never felt threatened or even unwelcome. I have only once had my pocket picked and never been scammed for more than the going rate for foreigners.

I often get offers of business partnerships even though I have no businees acumen whatsoever. I get offered jobs even though I am unskilled and unqualified. I find Chinese people generally believe what they are told without question,especially by foreigners. They still haven't even learned how to rip off tourists. Most places outside the big cities still wont even take tips. Naive? Gullible? Childlike? Maybe just unspoilt.

Nov 12, 2009 05:13
  • DODGER
Thanks for the clarification Bob. I now understand were you’re coming from.
Perhaps what we are now seeing is a thousand years of anti foreigner propaganda being gradually broken down.
The Bamboo curtain is slowly being lifted, hence my reference to Janus.
Given that it was only a little more than one hundred years ago that teaching Chinese to a foreigner was illegal, as it was classified as a state secret,, both sides have come a long way to realising that we share more common values than there are cultural differences.
Cheers, Dodger.
Nov 12, 2009 20:54
Perhaps, Chinese people only rip off Chinese only. I have read too many pieces of sad news about the Phoenix County and Zhang Jiajie, Hunan Province. Chinese tourists were beaten or ripped off many times there. More than half a month ago, several Chinese tourists were beaten in the Xitang Town.
Nov 13, 2009 00:46
  • BOBERT
My current avatar is Fenghuang (Phoenix City) in Hunan Province LONLEYJOE. I presume this is the same place you are talking about. I stayed there for about 2 weeks just after the bridge collapsed about 2 years ago killing hundreds. In fact I was on the bridge just before it collapsed. I found Fenghuang a friendly and safe city with few scammers. It just shows how each individuals can have an opposing perspective based on personal experience.
Nov 14, 2009 15:07
  • MARRIE
Quote:

Originally Posted by BOBERT View Post

My current avatar is Fenghuang (Phoenix City) in Hunan Province LONLEYJOE. I presume this is the same place you are talking about. I stayed there for about 2 weeks just after the bridge collapsed about 2 years ago killing hundreds. In fact I was on the bridge just before it collapsed. I found Fenghuang a friendly and safe city with few scammers. It...

So Bobert, let it go/collapse and build up a new one.
Page 3 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: What a crazy girl!!!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code