Menu
Helping a "little empress"
Nov 24, 2009 22:58
  • DODGER
I except that the young lady has had to undergo some huge cultural challenges, with many more to come, and for that she should be praised. However bad behavior is bad behavior whatever cultural background a person is from..
As a parent, we need to set very clear parameter on what we expect in attitude etc.
I have reminded my two boys on more than one occasion that if they are not prepared to take responsibility for their actions and the outcomes of those actions then someone else will.
I don’t see much point in talking about parental sacrifice, but I would be pointing out the financial reality of living and studying and working in America.
There are no free rides, not even for a family member. Every member needs to make a contribution.
Good luck Griz.
Dodger.
Nov 25, 2009 00:57
  • CHERRY07
Griz, I strongly advise you to have a talk with her mom. She should be responsible for her daughter. I sense that your wife really spoil your her daughter. As a parent, she loves her daughter deeply. This is good. But she should know that "a bird will leave its nest after growing up".
Nov 25, 2009 01:09
  • GRIZ326
I wish this was easy. Your are correct, Dodger.

>>>There are no free rides, not even for a family member. Every member needs to make a contribution.

The big discussion is Friday and Saturday. She is good kid, so I am optimistic she'll get on board.

Nov 25, 2009 21:08
  • MARRIE
Dodger speaks out what I want to express. And free ride for wife, husband or children is not a valid happy family bind. However, as Chinese, I see free ride for senior parents as liablitly.
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Helping a "little empress"
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code