Menu
China (Z) work visa question
Nov 25, 2009 17:20
  • CANRUN
Hello all! I will be moving back to China in January for work and have a question that I hope someone MIGHT be able to help me with here...(I have emailed my employer the same question and am waiting on an answer.)

I plan to arrive in Guangzhou, China on January 4th. I will begin work at the end of January. I have just been invited to a wedding party in Hong Kong two days after I arrive in China. I would really like to go to the party. As I understand, the Z (work) visa is only for a single entry. So, I would like to find out if I can go to Hong Kong two days after arrival for the wedding and then re-apply for the Z visa or single entry visa with China Travel Service (or similar) in Hong Kong (I can stay there with a friend to wait.) Or, perhaps the other way around. Arrive in China on a tourist visa, go to Hong Kong and then apply for the Z visa from there.

If not, is there any chance to get a two-entry visa when I apply (for an extra fee?) I'm doubtful...

I know these are questions for CTS, etc. but hoping someone might have an idea.

Thanks!
Aaron
Nov 28, 2009 00:17
  • WING
Dear CANRUN

Your are right, the Z visa only single entry, so I advise you arrive China with L or F visa, and apply Z visa at HK!

If any question please feel free to contact me

wing

ialwoai.net|wing
Nov 29, 2009 23:44
  • ENTRIPRENEUR
I would say the easiest way if possible is just go to HK first for a few extra days then go to the mainland. This could save many headaches.
Dec 8, 2009 21:44
  • ROBERTSHU
Agree with ENTRIPRENEUR!
Dec 12, 2009 22:07
  • APAULT
Me too! Arrive late in China or miss the wedding! It is generally agreed that it is easier to get a visa in one's home country. The organisation employing you must prepare the paperwork for the country you will apply in, so if you do want to apply in HK, the paperwork must state that. Also, I have seen a document in a government office that says it is now permitted to apply for a Z visa inside China, but I have heard of no recent instances of this.
Dec 19, 2009 12:35
GUEST87220 Is it true that you must bring a police certificate from your home country certifying you have no criminal record if you want a Chinese WORK visa?
Dec 21, 2009 08:24
  • APAULT
Normally, no.
Dec 21, 2009 22:26
  • SMILE1212
The policy becomes so strict these days ,if you want to work in china,you'd better apply for a Residence perimt,and some foreign friends hod F visa and work in china,it's not so good .and now it's also a little difficult to extend F visa ,hope the policy becomes better.

we are a services company,we can provide visa ,travel and housing and company registration services .if you have any question,you can contact me ,i would be glad to help you !

Amanda
TEL:13811424228
MSN/EMAIL:hotmail.com|amanda-vie
Last edited by SMILE1212: Dec 21, 2009 22:29
Dec 23, 2009 22:22
GUEST87220 but amanda, if you want a work visa, to work for one year in China, do you or do you not need a police certificate?
Dec 27, 2009 20:24
  • SMILE1212
Hello dear friend,
apply for the work visa :
1 applying for the employment certificate
2invitation letter
3take them to china embassy in your country or HK to apply for the temporary Z visa (it 's valid for one month)
4After coming back to china ,applying for the work permit
5applying for the work visa (for 1 year)

frankly speaking ,i can't understand well what you said about the police certificate ,dose it mean police registration?
Dec 30, 2009 21:15
GUEST87220 a Police certificate is a document from your home country that says you have no criminal record. I'm wondering if now China requires it.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: China (Z) work visa question
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code