Menu
Do you enjoy buffet?
Dec 23, 2009 03:19
  • CHERRY07
I remembered that I had my first buffet with my roommates when I was in college. After arriving at the hotel, we even didn’t know what we should pick up to eat because there were so many dishes, fruits, drinks and desserts for you to choose. Unfortunately, I was carsick at that time so that I just ate some fruits and drank some juice. My friends had a good meal. They almost tasted each dish served in the hotel. I was so surprised to see girls grabbing food on the table. It seemed that they hadn’t had meals for several days. Really unbelievable!

Later on, I learned some useful tips on having buffet. These tips were suggested by the nutritionist.

1.Drink some soup first.
2.Don’t eat high-fat and high-caloric (such as dessert) food too much.
3.Don’t drink too much sweetened beverage.
4.Don’t eat too much beef stake, pork chop and seafood.

Do you enjoy buffet? Do you have any good suggestions on having buffet?

Dec 25, 2009 01:57
  • JIMMYB
My friends think that it is worth having buffet. As you know, you can eat as much as you can in the restaurant as long as you don't go out at a very low cost. Some of them have learned some experience on having buffet. According to them, you shouldn't eat too much for lunch if you decide to have buffet in the evening. In this way, you can eat as much as you can in the restaurant.
Jan 2, 2010 08:01
  • LIONPOWER
Ha ha, may be you are new in it !!
what will be your asking, if every day have buffet?
Jan 6, 2010 01:36
  • WANHU
Most four-star hotels and above provide buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner. Providing buffet meals actually benefit the hotels more as not many guests eat that much, more than what they pay. In order to compensate the amount they have to pay, some diners will try to maximise their intake of food by not eating rice or something that deter them from eating more food. For the entree, they just have fruits, vegetables, steaks or chops, and maybe later a small cup of rice.
Wan
Jan 6, 2010 01:42
You should remember "Don't pick too much when you have buffet". Many restaurants require the customers not to waste any food. Just take that amount of food you can eat up. Otherwise, you will be fined.
Jan 6, 2010 01:49
  • WANHU
Yes, like in Singapore
Wan
Jan 6, 2010 01:50
  • WANHU
Eating gluttonly is indeed uncultured
Wan
Jan 8, 2010 09:51
  • LIONPOWER
China buffet can take more food and waste it. May be this is general culture in China. They waste many food in restaurant.
Jan 8, 2010 21:11
  • XIAOXIAO
Quote:

Originally Posted by LIONPOWER

China buffet can take more food and waste it. May be this is general culture in China. They waste many food in restaurant.

Lion, those buffet restaurants have set some rules. Just make sure that you eat what you pick up. If you pick too much food and can't eat them up, you will be fined. You see, the restaurants are trying to stop people wasting food.
Jan 9, 2010 07:31
  • LIONPOWER
Can you say, specifically any buffet in China where the rules sets? Next time have a try.
Jan 9, 2010 10:49
  • WANHU
Anyone can suggest or recommend any good buffet meals in either Shenzhen or Guangzhou?
Wan
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Do you enjoy buffet?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code