Menu
How many times do I have to ask this?
Dec 28, 2009 14:24
guest87220 Nobody in the other threads is answering my question about the Chinese WORK visa. I'm wondering if employers now require police certificates from home countries certifying that foreigners have no criminal record. Please answer this simple question. Is the answer yes or no?
Dec 28, 2009 19:41
  • SMILE1212
Hi
Where are you from ? you can apply for the work permit ,if you can provide all the doucuments and they are legal ,and then you can apply ,the employer don't requre the police certificates.

don't worry my friend!

Amanda
msn/email:hotmail.com|amanda-vie
Dec 28, 2009 23:48
  • VICTORMAI
I don't think it is a good manner by saying this. You should learn to be polite when asking others to help you, remember it.
Dec 29, 2009 17:10
GUEST87220 why should i worry about that. I don't give my name and this is not my computer. It's a public one. I don't think I'm being rude, just firm. I have a right to know. just like you have a right to know the rules.
Dec 29, 2009 19:49
  • SMILE1212
Hello everyone ,
calm down !
i think we can talk friendly ,if we meet some problems ,we can provide some suggestions ,and help each other !

have a nice day !
Dec 29, 2009 21:48
  • VICTORMAI
why worry!I don't say you are worry, and I don't care about your name,whatever or whoever you are. None of my business.
You can keep asking in this impatient tone, everybody has the right to keep silent and ignore. I just kindly remind you the rules to be a social man, forget you arrogancy if you need help from others!!!!
Dec 31, 2009 00:39
  • LEMONCACTUS
Guest, I would also say your tone is inappropriate.

There are many good reasons why this question hasn't been answered... Not least of which is that "Rules" of all kind are up for considerable "interpretation" in China... PLUS it's fair to surmise that virtually every employer will have a slightly different take on this issue. Frankly, there is no simple "yes" or "no" answer to anything here!

I can tell you from my experience over 5 years, that I have worked for 3 different universities in China, and a British company with offices here, and have never needed to provide proof that I do not have a criminal record. In fact, for the university I currently work for, this question wasn't even asked during the application/interview process.

Your best bet is to apply for the position and find out.

You may also be forewarned that for living and working in China, patience is a necessity.

Good Luck, LC

PS: It may also help to look at your country's Chinese Embassy website, as nationality may also affect this... I can only speak as a British citizen.
Last edited by LEMONCACTUS: Dec 31, 2009 00:41
Jan 5, 2010 04:00
GUEST87220 sorry for any bad feelings. It just that I'm getting different answers. MOST people are saying that I don't need to provide a police certificate if I want to work in china for one year. I just want a clear answer. It seems that it is not being enforced anyway.

I am married to a Chinese woman. Would that make things easier for me? How about the fact that my crimes were misdemeanors? I only want to go to China for one year starting in the spring because my wife wants to help her ailing parents for a while. Of course I will need a job. I hope I can do this.
Jan 7, 2010 00:19
  • LEMONCACTUS
Hi again,

China really is a place with few definite answers, so don't be surprised you're getting different answers from those of us who live here. There is certainly no standard procedure i've ever encountered that requires a police certificate to state whether you have/have not a criminal record; and I've never heard of anyone having to do that.

LC
Jan 7, 2010 00:22
  • LEMONCACTUS
Check out this thread too:
http://community.travelchinaguide.com/forum2.asp?i=46746
Jan 8, 2010 00:01
  • APAULT
If you wqant a clear answer contact your local visa issuing Chinese Consuate. That is the ONLY place for a definitive answer.

Guest should also remember that we are just forum members who try to help others, we are not professionals in any way (Smile121 excepted).
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: How many times do I have to ask this?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code