Menu
Persian/Tang dynasty Li family in Guangzhou
Feb 26, 2010 21:25
GUESTFAIESEA Hi, I am also looking for relatives in Tai Shan county by the Li surname. I have found names of some relatives but cannot any contact details. If anyone knows of any of the Li family members listed here, please get in touch.
My father Li Sum was born in Tai Shan county, Guangdong. He was brought ot he island of Samoa about a 100 years ago when the island was under German rule. He was an only child but his father had brothers.
Some of his uncle's grandchildren are;
Li Wu Di
Li Jin Yue
Li Sang Jian
Li Yue Hong
Wu Shao Bin
Li Wu Me
We have been searching for our relatives for decades.
Mar 19, 2010 23:47
GUEST89236 The Persians back then were much lighter skinned than Chinese, because they did not have any Arab or Mongolian blood in them yet, they were Aryans. Even now Iranians (there descendants) are lighter skinned than Chinese on average.

If anything, you would be lighter, taller and thinner lipped than others in China with a more western nose.

The Arab guy, who thinks he is a descendant of the Prophet and also of Sassanid lineage, is living in a fantasy world. As long as it makes him happy all is good. It's a myth that his family fed him as a child. Millions of people are fed these types of myth and although they could very well be true, its a random draw lost in antiquity. Also much like Genghis Khan's genetic heritage, Sassanid heritage is surely shared among millions considering how long they ruled and how many concubines they had.

Nov 5, 2010 08:42
GUEST98216 Hi, I am also looking for relatives in Tai Shan county by the Li surname. I have found names of some relatives but cannot any contact details. If anyone knows of any of the Li family members listed here, please get in touch.
My father Li Sum was born in Tai Shan county, Guangdong. He was brought ot he island of Samoa about a 100 years ago when the island was under German rule. He was an only child but his father had brothers.
Some of his uncle's grandchildren are;
Li Wu Di
Li Jin Yue
Li Sang Jian
Li Yue Hong
Wu Shao Bin
Li Wu Me
We have been searching for our relatives for decades。。。。

if you goto china, you would able to find the answer alot quicker instead of searching for internet....;-)

to the persian li family lineage.

there are many li family. li family line is the second biggest most decendance in the chinese family in the world.

In Dongguan, guangzhou, china, this is a LI family history traced back to the Song dynasty or late Tang dynasty. lasting some 25-30 generations.

I am also from this lineage. except that the OLD family history books are missing, and i am also trying to identify my family lineage.
Nov 28, 2010 11:27
GUEST98249 My last name is Li and from Guangzhou. My brother told me few months ago that we came from the great general in some dynasty, the Li last name was given to this general. My brother may have some inf. if you still interested. aol.com|jlamberdale
Jun 23, 2012 08:23
GUEST62152 I heard about the story of Prince Peroz III of Persia, but it seems the descendent lived in North Shaanxi Province, not in Canton, in Canton, there are descendents from Arab people. Have you ever tried documentary dept of government of Shaanxi Province?

Our family is said to be orignally from Persia, but we still need to find documentaries... that's why I checked a lot histories of Persians in China and the Prince Peroz III.

I live in Paris, once there was a guy asked me if I am a Persian.
May 27, 2014 10:11
GUEST89112 The "Arab guy" you are talking about is considered a martyr to all Twelver Shias. Most of which are Persians and Iraqis. He is also the great grandson of the prophet Muhammad of Islam. He never claimed that he was from Sassanid blood even though he was. Ask any Shia scholar and they'll pull up a detailed historic record of the prophet's family tree including Zain Al-Abideen who you are referring to as the "Arab guy". The prophet Muhammad himself only spoke Arabic, and was not of Arab blood patrilianally. He was the descendent of Ishmael who was a Jew who was the half-sibling of Isaac and son of Abraham. As time progressed, his descendents gradually learned and started to speak Arabic. There's a reason that Islam is an Abrahamic religion and this is why. As for the mixing of Mongol blood with Persians and Arabs, that is incorrect for most Persians. Most Persians are still lighter skinned than Arabs, it's just that Iran being in a very sunny and arid region, people tend to get a tan. Mongols did rape some Persians during the Mongol Invasions but these were isolated incidents and only happened in major resistance centres like in Baghdad which is not in Iran. The Persian Gulf coastal towns and villages were virtually untouched by Mongol horses. The Arabs did not tend to mix with the Persians who saw themselves as superior. Some did mix but most pure Arabs kept good family trees and records because many Arabs, at least back then, were sort-of racist towards conquered peoples. Besides, most Persians converted to Shia Islam during Safavid rule so that created a sense of "Shia nationalism" among the Persian Shias who were and still are the majority of Muslims in Iran. This Shia alignment made most Persians reject the idea of mixing with Sunni Muslim groups such as the Turks and Bedouin Arabs who were mostly Sunni. Persia's Aryans are more pure genetically than say the Aryans of India. As for genetic purity though, Persians have historically mixed with the Semetic Mesopotamians who had been in that region since Babylonian times. The Sassanid capital itself was around modern day Baghdad. Besides, your claim of millions being related to Sassanids is not quite plausible as most Sassanids were killed during the resistance that occurred during the Muslim conquest of Persia. If anyone is related to the Sassanids, it's the Sayyids who are descendent from Zain Al-Abbidin. The Sayyids are the Shia clergymen of any Shia community. To be a Sayyid, one needs to be descendent patrilianily from Al-Husayn, the famously martyed father of Zain Al-Abbidin who was also later martyred. The supreme leader of Iran is a sayyid. Arab, Persian, European, African, Indian, and East Asian Shia scholars all trace his ancestry to Sharbanu, the daughter of the last Sassanid king. Claiming that she's not related him is like attacking the 89% of Iran, 75% of Bahrain, 25% of Saudi Arabia, 40% of UAE, 15% of Turkey, 33% of Kuwait, and 65% of Iraq for agreeing with this claim.
Oct 16, 2017 11:18
GUEST21335 im a li too
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Persian/Tang dynasty Li family in Guangzhou
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code