Menu
Do you accept GAYs?
Jan 13, 2010 02:41
  • KEVIN0518
Voting without time limit
Exclusive Vote
  1. 20 vote(s)
  2. 9 vote(s)
Note: Guest voter(s) are not displayed here.
Here is a poll for you guys here. What do you think of GAYs? Do you accept them?

Xinhua News reports that China is going to hold the first gay competition on Jan 15th. Eight men will compete in Mr Gay China and the winner will go to Norway for next month's finals of Worldwide Mr Gay.

According to the organizer, there's a swimwear round and a talent section where contestants can show off their singing and dancing. Besides, they have to answer questions raised by the judges.

As time changes, more and more Chinese gays are brave to tell the public that they are gays. Not long ago, two college gays told their relationship to their parents. At first, they didn’t accept their relationship at all. But they finally won their parents’ acceptance through untiring efforts.

However, not all people understand those gays. Also, a report says that the parents of two gays have broken the relationship with their sons after learning their sons are gay. How sad it is!

Last edited by KEVIN0518: Jan 13, 2010 02:41
Jan 13, 2010 10:16
  • SHESGOTTOBE
I can only speak for myself.

I have no problem with gays. Never had. This is my life and it is their life. We are both human, just living a different lifestyle. They never hurt me. In fact, they are fun to be with. They always made me laugh and gave me the best advice. They are not afraid to show emotions. I have worked with gays. I had gay friends and went to gay hairdressers.
Jan 14, 2010 01:56
Well, most Chinese people are tradtional and I don't think the have prepared to accept gays. Here is another thread in Observer. Some people tried to open a bar for gays in Yunnan. But the bar finally got closed because the locals there didn't accept gays.
Jan 14, 2010 12:00
  • DAVEC
I have gay friends both male and female and to be honest its only when things like this come up in conversation that I remember they are.
It is an accepted part of society now in the west, I understand it isnt in China but in time it will be.
Jan 15, 2010 03:25
  • KEVIN0518
Dave, I guess that Chinese people need more time to accept gays as a part of society. I have to say that Chinese people have become more open than before. But traditional customs and belief still have a great impact on Chinese people.
Jan 15, 2010 08:43
  • CARLOS
I vote yes, because I think if someone is gay then be it. But...

"As time changes, more and more Chinese gays are brave to tell the public that they are gays."

Why? Why can´t gays just be gays, why shout it out loud?

The way I see it, there is nothing to be proud about being gay, so why must it be made so public?

Carlos
Jan 15, 2010 20:43
  • KEVIN0518
Sorry, guys. The competition was called off last night.

Gay bar was closed and Gay Competition was cancelled. It clearly tells that China HASN'T already prepared for accepting gays.
Jan 16, 2010 03:06
  • DAVEC
I think the issue Carlos is thet they just want to be accepted, if they make it public it allows them to show their feelings.
There are 'gay pride' marches and festivals here, people are proud of who they are.
50 years ago it would have never been allowed
Jan 16, 2010 19:11
  • LARRYBOY
WOW and here all along I thought a mans *** was for procreation and not to stick it up another mans butt. So semen just is not used for fertility, any more...where have I been!!
Jan 18, 2010 19:55
  • MARRIE
I saw gay marches in here, the gays and lesbians from the US during march are most open-minded. I suspect that they are professional showers instead of real gays or lesbians.
Jan 22, 2010 12:36
  • CARLOS
Yes, Dave, you are right.

I think gays are accepted nowadays. Not everywhere, of course, simply because some countries have been closed for so long time. In China, I suppose it only takes time.

Here in Finland I have noticed about celebrities that it is very common to bring their gayness in public in the media. I don´t know why, because gays have been accepted here long time.

A funny point, a little off topic, is that for celebrity ladies it is almost must to have been harassed in school. (perhaps harassed is not a correct word...) Even the latest miss Finland is one of them.

I only think what would happen if straights started having proud straights-festivals...

Carlos

Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Do you accept GAYs?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code