Menu
Haiti earthquake feared to have killed thousands!
Jan 13, 2010 03:06
  • LEOPOLD219
Source:Telegraph.co.uk.

A massive earthquake measuring 7.3 on the Richter scale hit Haiti on Jan. 12. The news said that the Haiti's presidential palace and numerous other government buildings in the country's capital Port-au-Prince collapsed after the earthquake.The communication and electricity were affected.

According to a local, there must be thousands of people dead. "A journalist with Haitian television station Haitipal told the station that public buildings across the capital had been destroyed. The UN peacekeeping HQ was also flattened and "large numbers" of staff were missing. "

Last edited by LEOPOLD219: Jan 13, 2010 03:07
Jan 14, 2010 01:21
  • CHERRY07
The demage caused by the earthquake is more serious. It is said that nearly 100 thousand people would have died in the earthquake. The civilians stayed and slept in hte debris for two nights. More seriously, a plague might spread after the earthquake. Luckily, some countries in the world promised to help Haiti to get through the difficulties.

Pray for Haiti! Hope Haitian people can get over the earthquake very soon.
Jan 15, 2010 01:53
  • MANNY
I feel very sorry to hear this. I've heard that more than 7000 dead bodies have been found. What a tragedy!
Jan 21, 2010 19:24
  • LARRYBOY
yet the Dominican republic did not even feel anything and they are on the right hand side of the island.
Jan 22, 2010 02:40
  • MILES
Manny, more than 200 thousand people have died in the earthquake according to an offcial report. People there start to fight and steal things. Just now I read some news. A 15 years old girl was shot to death just because she stole three pieces of pictures. How pathetic!!
Jan 27, 2010 10:10
  • BWINKS
I really wonder how the Dominican Republic has helped Haiti since the quakes... (or even if they have)
Feb 6, 2010 03:40
  • BBQQ
What's the situation now?
Post a Reply to: Haiti earthquake feared to have killed thousands!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code