Menu
the western men dont like sending messages???
Jan 15, 2010 09:00
  • DCHEE
Hey all. I'm new here.i'm a Chinese girl. i've got a question to ask..right now i begin to date with an American..but he doesnt reply to my messages on mobile sometimes..i'm quite confused.....i dont know if it is the culture difference or just because he doesnt care for me too much...
Jan 16, 2010 00:24
  • JIMMYB
DCHEE, I know that you might be shy to call him directly. That's why you send him TXT messages. Next time, just ask him directly if he doesn't like chat through txt messages. If you are really fond of him, just be the first one to take the action.
Jan 16, 2010 12:01
  • DCHEE
thanx...but my point is that why he didnt reply to me.anyway,forget it.its a stupid question. i should ask him. i will ask him tom maybe...
Jan 16, 2010 20:56
Hi, DCHEE, as far as I know, western men do not like reply messages. They like more direct ways, so you can just call him. It is the cultural difference.
Jan 19, 2010 14:02
GUEST84646 sleepyha...sorry but as an american male, i have to dissagree with that statement.

I completely perfer texts for short talk more than normal calls, and all my guy friends agree. Obviously, talking about complex or confusing subjects is best in person, or on the phone. Sometimes texts can be confusing because the joke, or flurt might not be noticable. But for the most part, text messages are the in.

~However... since you havn't mentioned your age or this western guy, there might be the chance that he is thirty years or older.... in which case its the opposite. For some bazar reason old men in western society hate, HATE text messages. I don't get it, nor does anyone i just asked at my university.

Hope this helps
Sep 7, 2011 03:01
  • DCHEE
hey,all,thanx for your suggestion. i found there was a new reply through my mail box. right now i ended up with him...but i really learnt a lot from this kind of relationship. and i have to say that westerners are more attractive to me because they are independent....that's so important.
Sep 8, 2011 03:40
GUEST67191 Maybe his cell phone deal makes International sms expensive? Or he doesn't want his wife to see them :o)
Sep 11, 2011 21:28
  • LARRYBOY
Quote:

Originally Posted by DCHEE

hey,all,thanx for your suggestion. i found there was a new reply through my mail box. right now i ended up with him...but i really learnt a lot from this kind of relationship. and i have to say that westerners are more attractive to me because they are independent....that's so important.

The word you use "Learnt" is poor and unintelligent english. There is no usefulness of this word even when speaking quickly. To use this word in a written sentence or document,,is absurd and you will not see this word any where used in such proper sentences.
To say "Learnt and not "learned" is improper,, or does this type of English have other examples "Cookt" or real meaning cooked? Is Cookt used also? I think not! "Buddon" or the right word "Button". Many uneducated people will change the word "asked" into "axed" This too will seriously lower your chance for any advancement in any english speaking company and you will be looked down upon as lacking proper education. Do not write or speak these words, or you will not advance at all.
Sep 11, 2011 23:58
GUEST95236 LARRYBOY,don't be so mean. This girl is not native English speaker.I don't think your Chinese can be as good as her English.So you don't need to point her 'mistake' out in such a 'professional' way! If you are interested,you can teach your POSH english in some poor Chinese village :)
-Chinese llaaddyy
:-)
Sep 12, 2011 04:19
  • LARRYBOY
Being mean was not my intention but to point out in detail was my intention because there would be many questions to follow, if I did not explain. Many Chinese people are on this website to practice their English, and this is where they learn. I know for a fact that many if not all Chinese,, learning any subject are under heavy pressure from their teacher to excell,so this person "DChee" should be used to it. I would more than like it if I could teach in a "Poor Chinese village" and they would exceed further than your statements to me. Her English is quite excellent so now she is at a higher level of learning, and should be expected to sharpen more. My teaching starts out at a fundamental level and grows as the student grows and when understanding is gained then discipline in grammar follows. Maybe you are not Chinese to make such a statement,but regardless my intention was only to point out. Best to you ""Chinese Lady" stay warm up there! :)
Sep 12, 2011 05:55
GUEST81211 Larryboy,

Cool it.

"Learnt" is past tense for "learn" just as "learned". Maybe not in your corner of the world, but it is.

Next time, do a little research, if you're not 100% sure, before you make a remark.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: the western men dont like sending messages???
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code