Menu
the western men dont like sending messages???
Sep 12, 2011 20:19
GUEST05195 Welcome to this English classroom.O(∩_∩)O
Sep 13, 2011 07:36
  • DCHEE
Quote:

Originally Posted by LARRYBOY View Post

Being mean was not my intention but to point out in detail was my intention because there would be many questions to follow, if I did not explain. Many Chinese people are on this website to practice their English, and this is where they learn. I know for a fact that many if not all Chinese,, learning any subject are under heavy pressure from their ...

thank you. i need improving my english,especially my oral english..actually i havent used it for a long time...you are an English teacher?
Sep 13, 2011 15:42
  • LARRYBOY
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST81211

Larryboy,

Cool it.

"Learnt" is past tense for "learn" just as "learned". Maybe not in your corner of the world, but it is.

Next time, do a little research, if you're not 100% sure, before you make a remark.

Now now Guest dont have a tantrum,,take it easy I owe you nothing, but you need to show me proof ...any proof of the word "learnt being used,,All text books documents references and newspapers,,never once I have ever seen that word,, and it is Dchee that I now speak with.,,,and Dchee thank you for having an open mind to my input. If others would take time and look a little farther than whats in front of them,, then they would not misunderstand me. I am happy you see things for what they are and clearly. Yes i do teach English,, but be for warned I dont speak Chinese that well. The more you interact with people OR write to them, the more you will comprehend,,,but with anything being "LEARNED" for the first time,,there will be time before it can be mastered. There is alot to understand in speaking English,, so if you need to chat I will help you the best I can and teach you the style from "THIS CORNER OF THE WORLD",,if you have no objections to my style of teaching or the watch dog biting back at my remarks. Look forward to chatting with you. Best, Larry
Sep 14, 2011 05:16
  • DCHEE
Quote:

Originally Posted by LARRYBOY View Post

Now now Guest dont have a tantrum,,take it easy I owe you nothing, but you need to show me proof ...any proof of the word "learnt being used,,All text books documents references and newspapers,,never once I have ever seen that word,, and it is Dchee that I now speak with.,,,and Dchee thank you for having an open mind to my input. If oth...

i did a little research after i saw your reply. yeah, learned is more common. but when i studied in the school,my teacher taught me that learnt is also ok. So im used to using that word...
and thanks for your lesson. i really appreciate it if someone could point out my mistake. i hope to speak English like a native speaker.
Sep 15, 2011 05:39
  • LARRYBOY
There are 3 teachers when learning a language or anything for that matter,,They are "Study,,Practice,,and application" over time these qualities will sharpen within you and you will become proficient in all that you do.,,, now in a shorter phrase, "practice makes perfect"! Best Larry
Sep 17, 2011 04:34
  • RAINDROP
Learnt or Learned? British English or American English? I don't know what I am speaking but the one who listen to me understand what I am talking about. I think it is ok.
Sep 19, 2011 03:57
  • LARRYBOY
Good research guest and this has opened my eyes, since there is a difference between the usage used between Britain and the US. This is what would be called a "colloquial" "learned and learnt' this answers the reason why I see so many Chinese use the word "learnt"..is because they are studying from British Text. So now I have a better understanding because of this "Colloquial difference" Although in the US the word learnt is spoken verbally with some who talk fast,, but in writing here...that word is improper to use. Again let me reiterate that, no one will find that Word "Learnt" being used in US text. Every country has their aphorisms and slang terms and I see that now especially with this word "Learnt". Although the word is correct, in British terms,, I myself will not entertain the word in the use of sentences,, personal preference Good Research Guest Best regards Larry
Sep 20, 2011 22:22
GUEST7475 You know what? i don't know what kind of English I speak. Like Larry said, the text books we used in middle school are written in British English. In college, our spoken English teacher just taught us American English. Complicated.

People who speak and write in British English will have much trouble in using Microsoft Word. You will find that many words will be marked in red. Spelling mistakes.
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: the western men dont like sending messages???
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code