Menu
Changsha Info
Jan 17, 2010 05:06
  • SIMSHI
I intend to travel by bus from Fenghuang to Changsha. If anyone knows these information I hope you can help.

1. Does anyone know what time the bus arrives in Changsha? Or how long it takes?
2. Where does it arrive at?
3. Is that location close to the railway station?
4. How far is Walking Street from the railway station?
5. Is Changsha safe to travel alone? Taxis safe?
6. Where can I go in a few hours in Changsha? I plan to go to Walking Street for dinner before my 11:30pm train. Anywhere else can I fit in with a short time frame?

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by SIMSHI: Jan 17, 2010 05:07
Jan 19, 2010 03:08
  • TINAWEN
Hi, welcome to my hometwon , just call me Tina , i am an English tour guide in Hunan province:
1.Fenghuang bus station Boarding time to Changsha are 8:30am 10:30am 15:00pm 17:30pm 4 times a day
5.5 hours by highway
2. Arrival place :Changsha west bus station
3. A little far about 40 minutes drive , and you can easy find bus stop and take 312 public bus 3 rmb from the west train station directly to the final stop the railway station .
4.only 20 minutes by bus from railway station to walking street and actually when you take the 312 bus also will across it when the bus across a bridge over our mother river --xiang river .
5.Changsha is the capital of my province and of course safe there but you also need to take care of your belongs in case of crowded people in walking street ! Taxi also safe but you shoule show your Chinese language !!
6.If you like you can travel in Tangerine island under the bridge you will see by bus 312 and it's open untill midnight after your dinner in walking street, and enjoy the beautiful night in Changsha .
Or just travelling in walking street if you like shopping or enjoy a movie in the cinema, many colorful shops there and not a bad choice .
at last call me if you need : 13298555111 Tina , enjoy your trip and nice to meet you !!!
Jan 19, 2010 22:22
  • LIONPOWER
Tina writes well.
But as per my personal experience, Hunan,its capital city changsha most bad city in China. I traveled last month 4 cities with Changsha & near to it.
WHo can read Chinese, search in the web, can see many criminal activities in this province, even law & order in this province too low standard,
Jan 20, 2010 05:13
  • BEAR1DR
hi tina,

thanks for the information.

i will be in changsha this coming feb 13, 2010. i will be arrv by plane from hkg to csx. where do a catch the bus to zhuzhou and how much?

thanks
sw

Jan 20, 2010 07:17
  • SIMSHI
Thanks Tina & Lionpower.

We have changed our plans to go to Huaihua, Fenghuang and Zhangjiajie. Any recommendations about those places? Security and safety is good there? Any special Hunan food that must be tried? (I can read chinese, if you have the food names you can type it for me?) Which places are must see places? Is the bus route safe? i hear sometimes the buses travel on really dangerous roads...

Thanks!
Jan 20, 2010 13:10
  • ELLYSE
1) I think the bus would take about 10 hours.
2) Changsha West long-distance bus station.
3) No.
4) Do you mean Huangxing Nanlu pedestrian street. That's about 5 km by taxi from Changsha main train station.
5) Generally, yes. I've been to Changsha a few times and have no bad experiences at all so far.
6) Personally, I would highly recommend the Hunan Provincial Museum. I think it closes at 1700 though. Most sights close around the same time.
What would you deem "must-see places"?
Well, dangerous roads or not, there's nothing you can do about it if you want to go there, is there? Personally I would prefer to take train and then change to bus, not bus the entire way even though it looks to be more direct.

There're direct buses from Changsha airport to Zhuzhou, leaving at 1030, 1430, 1630 and 1800. Fare is 40 RMB/pax.
Jan 21, 2010 02:25
  • TINAWEN
hi , SIMSHI , i am offering my service in Zhangjiajie now for 2 Italia guests , and some suggestions for u are ;
Bus travelling is the best choice here you can enjoy the Nature scenery ,and it‘s safe but you need to keep your value belongs carefully .
Huai hua city : 0ne day travelling , the most worthy to see is the longest wind-rain wooden bridge in the world in the village with green hills and pure stream and tasty local typical food -duck (芷江鸭)and brawn(腌肉) which is also the symbol of the Dong ethnic group , take the bus from downtown west bus station to Zhijiang from 6:40am-6:00pm once every 40 minutes and back to downtown
Fenghuang town : Tuo river goes through the hole old town , just rent a private hostel closed the river bank 40-120rmb , and walking around easily in the evening , there are many beer bars near the river and many shops , you can taste local foods
as : Fish soup mix with sour vegetable (酸菜鱼)and sticky rice mix with duck blood and Stewing with duck (血粑鸭)and snacks as ginger candy,
kiwi preserved fruit and so forth .

1.Typical food : Local hot pot (三下锅)
2. Downtown :Tianmenshan National forest park take the longest Cable
car 25minutes to the top of the mountain and travel at least 5 hours
3.wulinyuan district :40 minutes by bus 10rmb from central bus station to
the world Nature heritage reserve area 262 square km :main park 248 rmb travel 2days and overnight a hotel 80-480 rmb closed to the entrance of the park and these days are forggy here and some cable car facilities are checking
and plan your trip and ask more details welcome !at last , enjoy your trip
in my hometown !!!

Jan 21, 2010 02:59
  • ELLYSE
Erm... why the spam?!
Jan 21, 2010 04:01
  • SIMSHI
Ellyse: What spam?

Tina: Thanks for the info. We will get to Huaihua by train and go to Fenghuang by bus. But we will be walking. Is the wind-rain wooden bridge or any good food around the railway station or bus station? I think we won't spend more than 1-2 hours in Huaihua. Do you think it is worth staying longer?
Jan 21, 2010 07:11
  • TINAWEN
well , the wind-rain bridge , it depends , if you are intrested classic structure.
and if you just stay there closed to the train or bus station , just walking along the street and check some crowded small resturants, and duck hot pot served every local shops !
Jan 21, 2010 08:35
  • BEAR1DR

Thanks ELLYSE.

guess i have 2 options to Zhuzhou.

1) from Changsha CSX airport take bus directly to Zhuzhou
-or-
2) from Changsha CSX airport take taxi to Changsha train station and catch train to Zhuzhou

any ideas

are there 2 train stations in Changsha? Changsha and Changsha South?

thanks again :)
Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Changsha Info
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code