Menu
Do you buy food on the train?
Jan 22, 2010 03:16
  • HELPER
Usually, I bring some food when traveling by train. When I am hungry, I just eat what I bring, such as instant noodles, bread or snacks. Actually, there is a dinning carriage on the train. You can go there to grab something when you are hungry. Or just sit down on your seat and wait for someone who pushes a small barrow to sell fast food.

However, I don’t like eating the food they offered. The food on the train is very expensive. And I am afraid of food hygiene on the train, especially those with green carriages. Well, you can take whatever you like on the bullet trains. They offer hamburg, coffee, cakes etc. Undoubtedly, the prices are very high.
Jan 26, 2010 08:49
  • WANHU
I bought once, on my way to Guangzhou from Shenzhen. I promised myself not to do it again after knowing the low price even at 7-11.
Wan
Feb 1, 2010 19:12
  • ETONLAN
I never buy food on the train. I will just brought some snacks with me. Actually I don't even like to eat food on the train.
Feb 4, 2010 03:33
  • JIMMYB
Like Etonlan, I just bring some snacks. The trains are overloaded during the festivals. I have no appetite in a breathless roon stuffed with so many people. What's more, I even don't drink much water. You know, it is really hard for you to go to the toilet on the train because there are too many people.
Feb 6, 2010 02:16
  • ICEBERG
Actually I once ate on D train. The D train has dining carriage. It is clean and comfortable. I tried hamburg and a cup of juice. No judgement on its taste but it was really expensive.
Feb 12, 2010 02:48
  • XIAOXIAO
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

I bought once, on my way to Guangzhou from Shenzhen. I promised myself not to do it again after knowing the low price even at 7-11.
Wan

Me too. Instant noodles are necessities, especially when you have a long distance journey by train. I have seen many guys eat instant noodles on the train. But I don't like it. I'd rather eat some bread and drink some mineral water.
Feb 23, 2010 23:52
Bring some instant food is a good idea for a long distance trip by train. If you haven't bring food and don't like the food provid in train, you can buy some food at the station when the train stopped. There are lots of food and drink sellers on reilway platform.
Feb 27, 2010 03:37
  • JANE01
Quote:

Originally Posted by BAREFOOTONBEACH

Bring some instant food is a good idea for a long distance trip by train. If you haven't bring food and don't like the food provid in train, you can buy some food at the station when the train stopped. There are lots of food and drink sellers on reilway platform.

Yes. Boiled eggs, chicken legs etc can be bought. More delicious than the food on the train.
Aug 25, 2010 06:45
  • CROSIS
Yes I usually buy food to take on the train but I have also had some great food on there too.

Only bad experience was on the train from Lhasa to Shanghai. The restaurant car manager was overcharging foreigners by not giving them menus and making up the prices for items. When he was caught doing this by some germans, he banned all foreigners from buying food. This meant for a day and a half no food could be purchased. I secretly filmed him refusing service to one couple as he was extremely rude and vocal.
Aug 25, 2010 21:05
  • XIAOXIAO
Crosis, why not make a complaint to the railway station after you arrived at Shanghai? He should be sacked.
Aug 27, 2010 01:03
  • DAVEC
I usually take my own food, and being a foreigner I tend to attract attention so other people bring me food or offer me some of theirs.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Do you buy food on the train?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code