Menu
From airport to Huanglong Scenic and Historic Interest Area
Jan 27, 2010 14:43
  • TINDOMEREL
Hallo.
We plan to go to Huanglong Scenic Area in May 2010. How can we get from the airport (Jiu Zhai Huang Long Airport) to the Huanglong Scenic Area in the morning and back to the airport in the afternoon (our Flight is about 8 p.m.)? I've read it's not easy to get a bus going back to the airport... Or there's no bus... Is there a kind of touristic center, where someone could call the Taxi for us? (we don't speak Chinese).
And how is the weather at the end of May. Rainy??!! :( Are the pools turquoise when it's rainy or misty??
Last edited by TINDOMEREL: Jan 27, 2010 14:48
Jan 27, 2010 15:18
  • TINDOMEREL
One more question :) I'm a bit confused... I thought we should fly from Chengdu (CTU) to Jiu Zhai Huang Long Airport (JZH)...Is that the same as Jiuhuang Airport? :)
Last edited by TINDOMEREL: Jan 27, 2010 15:39
Jan 28, 2010 01:45
  • SUSAN205060
Hi,

I think you need to take the taxi to Huanglong Scenic Area.

Also one day is not enough because you need to spend one day for Huanglong Scenic Area ( climb up or down and one way by cable car for the mountain).

Enjoy your trip.

Bdgs&Tks,
Susan

MSN: hotmail.com|Susan205060
Jan 31, 2010 21:32
  • ELLYSE
Yes, same airport.
Could you afford more time?! It's very rushed to do Jiuzhaigou in a day, and you'll have no time for Huanglong.
IIRC it takes about 2 hours by taxi between the airport and Jiuzhaigou park. Don't forget that you have to check-in for your flight about 1-2 hours in advance.
No tourist centre to help you call for a taxi, but it's not difficult to get a taxi on the street and tell them that you want to go to the airport (have the Chinese characters 九寨沟机场 ready).
Feb 1, 2010 04:33
  • TINDOMEREL
We decided to go only to Huanglong Scenic Area. So for Huanglong one day should be enough, I think...
Is there the same problem with taxi/shuttle?
Anyway, Ellyse thx for the Chinese characters :) We will sure use it!

To go to Jiuzhaigou park we would have to cut one day from Shanghai-Suzhou-Tongli, and we've got there only 4 days... So... I prefer to spend some more time in Suzhou-Tongli, than rush in the nature. Jiuzhaigou maybe another time.. maybe once in October to see it colourfull :)
Feb 1, 2010 05:59
  • ELLYSE
Goodness!!! I would definitely skip Suzhou in favour of Jiuzhaigou, there's no doubt about that! Jiuzhaigou has marvellous scenery, whether it be in October or not.
If you're only going to Huanglong then 1 day would be enough. However, if I've only got 1 day to spend in that area then I would definitely go for Jiuzhaigou over Huanglong.
Still, the bottom line is... skip Suzhou and go for Jiuzhaigou!
What's the rest of your itinerary like? You can email me at yahoo.com|ellyse99 -- put "TravelChinaGuide" and your own username (eg Tindomerel) in the subject line.
Feb 1, 2010 06:06
  • ELLYSE
Here're some photos of spring in Jiuzhaigou: http://www.jiuzhai.com/language/english/photos.html
Feb 1, 2010 06:09
  • ELLYSE
Sorry, typo. Photos of Jiuzhaigou, regardless of season.
Feb 1, 2010 06:49
  • TINDOMEREL
hm... Probably you're right, and yes, Jiuzhaigou ist beautifull but...
You know.. we'd like to learn something about Chinese culture, see Chinese cities, little towns and so one... That's why we decided to go to Suzhou, even if it's full of tourists ;> I've found so many beautifull places in China, that it's difficult to choose if we've got only 3 weeks. Ok, I'll send you our itinerary - maybe we should reorganise it :)
Thx Ellyse.
Feb 1, 2010 07:38
  • ELLYSE
Jiuzhaigou has Tibetan villages inside the park, and you could also arrange for hiking if you could spare some extra time. The website that I named earlier has the details -- no, I'm NOT advertising for them!
Suzhou is not a "little town". That's why I suggested that you drop it and just go to Tongli instead.
I had a brief look at your itinerary and it seems that you're trying to cover too much ground in 3 weeks. You're literally going all over the country! I would suggest that you perhaps leave Yunnan province till your next trip, there're too many great destinations there that you won't be doing justice to, if you squeeze them into this trip.
I'll reply your email when I have the time to look at your itinerary in closer detail. :)
Feb 1, 2010 16:05
  • TINDOMEREL
Ellyse, I see you are from Shanghai... Why don't you recommend Suzhou?? I thought the gardens could be interesting... We planed to go to Suzhou for one day and from Suzhou to Tongli and stay there for the night. The next day we would spend in Tongli and then back to Shanghai.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: From airport to Huanglong Scenic and Historic Interest Area
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code