Menu
any problem with Shanghai?let me help u
Mar 4, 2005 16:45
  • MAYBEMAY
i'm a senior student majored in English at Shanghai International Studies University.

i'd like to offer u some advice if u have some problem, and also can be ur tourist guide, ecspecially on Sundays.

welcome to Shanghai!!!

Mar 4, 2005 17:01
  • MERMAID
would u like to tell us why Shanghai is so charming? but pls dont tell me Shanghai is where Yesterday meets tomorrow. I read too much about it.
I want to kno Shanghai from a local's eye, like what touches you most during ur daily life in Shanghai.
Mar 4, 2005 18:41
  • ELCABRON
Hi Maybemay!

As a shanghaiese maybe you can help me with my question.
Have you ever or recently been to the Faces Bar in Ruijin-er-Lu? I?e been there in January and the side of the road where I thought the place should be was pulled down (actually the complete side of the road). Am I wrong or is it relocated somewhere else?
Thanks a lot for your help!

Mar 4, 2005 20:58
  • FAWN
Hi! planning to go there, is there a cheaper way to go to our hotel from the airport? Is there a train or subway or a shuttle bus which is cheap? WE'll stay at New Asia hotel...

Is that a good hotel? when it comes to accessibility and good location (tourist district)?
Mar 4, 2005 22:11
  • MAYBEMAY
MERMAID,, tough question.

for me, i think Shanghai is really challenging as it's one typical Chinese metropolis which is large not only in size but also in its mind. It welcomes all kinds of minds and all kinds of things, as well as talents no matter where them come from. people can meet a lot of opportunities there.

moreover, in some respect, it represents the development trend of Chinese economy and construction.

i don't know whether u are satisfied with my answer.
maybe come here by urself and u will get a deeper understanding:)

PS:why are u interested in this?

Mar 4, 2005 22:26
  • MAYBEMAY
ELCABRON, I'm sorry i'm not familiar there. since Shanghai is so large, we don't know every roads in Shanghai.

why u are so eager to find it? maybe i can ask my friends for u.
Mar 4, 2005 22:54
  • MAYBEMAY
Shanghai has two airports, which do u refer to?

i searched for a while for u just now, it located in the downtown, near the Renming Square--the centre of Shanghai, and near to Bond, a bound-not-to-be-missed sights of Shanghai.the traffic there is convenient.

yeah, its location is quite good.

have a good time in Shanghai!
Mar 5, 2005 12:52
  • FAWN
we'll be arriving in Pudong airport, any way to our hotel and back?

Great, i hope i'll enjoy my stay there. Any suggestion for a good place to see? I prefer not to go to temples (like the famous jade buddha temple) and museums (shanghai museum) I prefer the sceneries...
Mar 6, 2005 10:10
  • MAYBEMAY
FAWN,,Pudong airport is the main ariport of Shanghai. it locates in the suburban districts, but it has several special airport-line shuttles which take u to the down town. maybe u can consult to the conductor, and i'm sure their English is fluent and can help u.

Shanghai is foumous for Bund and Dongfang mingzhu-- a high TV building which represents Shanghai :)

PS:do u know any word that describe bad weather, ecspially referred to very cold wheather?
Mar 6, 2005 17:41
  • FAWN
So shuttle from the airport is the only option which is cheap?

I'm not good in adjectives mayve "freezing cold" will be a good one :)

By the way, how cold is it there?
Mar 6, 2005 22:12
  • MAYBEMAY
yeah, maybe it's the only convenient and economical way. but it wouldn't cost much as it's not that far from ur hotel.

when will u be here? this month is still a bit cold and u have to bring ur coats. but two monthes later, it would become hot :)

PS:thanks:)
Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: any problem with Shanghai?let me help u
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code