Menu
any problem with Shanghai?let me help u
Mar 7, 2005 08:57
  • COLLINS
Hi, maybemay
Do you mind recommend some typical Shanghai flavors to us? How do they taste?
I think girls are interested in delicious food.
Thanks!
Mar 7, 2005 10:00
  • MERMAID
yes, thank u. i am grateful.
I have been to Shanghai years ago.
If u dont mind, would u like to tell me if you were born and grow up in Shanghai?
Mar 10, 2005 11:26
  • PRETTYD0LL
Hi Maybemay!

I'm going to Shanghai around April or May. I'll be staying there for 3 moths. Hotel are so expensive!!! Could you recommend me some room for rent for a cheap price. A clean room and a clean restroom will be fine for me. I'm not very picky.

Also, my reasons for going there is partly business and touring. Could you recommend how much would I have to budget per month?? Or at least how much should I have with me per month so I will not starve there and at the same time I'll be able to tour Shanghai and hopefully Suzhou on my last month there... thanks....:)
Mar 11, 2005 04:16
Hi! How are you? Im a girl from Mexico and soon (May) will be going to Shanghai. I was wondering if you were willing to be our tourist guide some day in our stay. Im going with my boyfriend and some friends.
Thanks a lot!
Tere
Mar 11, 2005 13:05
  • MAYBEMAY
COLLINS, there are a lot of Shanghai flavors, but i don't know how to translate them into English:( maybe in Chinese Pinyin----like "xiao long", "gong bao ji ding"……………… Shanghai flavors is a bit sweet, but u will be enjoy it.
i searched out this website for u. it's a list of Shanghai flavors. click them and u can see the pictures:)

MERMAID, i'm not a Shanghaiese.i've been studying here for three years.

PRETTYD0LL,it depends how much ur budge should be per month. leaving in hotel is expensive, of course. so i advice u rent some house。the rent has a various range, for better one, it cost about 3000 yuan(400 US dollars), for less expensive one, about 150 dollars per month. i think this one is ok(http://www.souju.com/zf/cz_detail.asp?id=43187).
or u can find some dormitory at university, and it will be even less expensive. except for the rent, i think 6000 yuan(800 us dollars) is good enough to maintain a comfort living in Shanghai per month:)

TEREDELBLANCO, of course i'd be glad to if i have time. u can contact me on msn:hotmail.com|zym_maymay
Mar 11, 2005 13:28
  • COLLINS
Thank you very much, Maybemay:)
But where is the website?
Mar 12, 2005 20:30
  • MAYBEMAY
here, Collins

http://www.tastenet.com.cn/menu/menu.asp?class=%C9%CF%BA%A3%B2%CB
Mar 20, 2005 16:41
  • WKSEAH
Hi Maybemay,
My friend and I are going to visit Shanghai the end of March. We are on a tight budget and would like to look for a cheap hotel to stay in Shanghai. Do you know of any good hotel that is convenient and clean at the price of about 150RMB per night?

I also would like to find out from you that any cheap flight that fly between Shanghai and Beijing? My friend and I will go to Beijing from Shanghai. We know that the train is a good option. We just like to look for other ways to go to Beijing.

If you can't answer, that's ok. Thanks for your help! Cheers!
Mar 21, 2005 10:49
  • DEE0228
Hi,
Some of the Youth Hostels in Shanghai are pretty good, Pujiang Hostel and Captain hostel are highly recommended and you may easily find their info through google.
The one way airticket of Shanghai/Beijing will cost you Rmb1130, but usually you may get at least 20% discount, for the details you 'd better consult a local airticket booking agency.
Apr 14, 2005 05:31
  • JAMESLONDON
Hi Maybemay

I am moving to Shanghai in July and am looking to do a 3 month course learning Mandarin. I am very eager to learn the language by doing an intensive course.

Do you know of any International schools in Shnaghai who teach Mandarin to English speakers from around mid July for a few months?

Also, any further tips on how to live in Shnaghai happily!
James
Page 2 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: any problem with Shanghai?let me help u
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code