Menu
Shanghai train station to Pudong airport
Jan 31, 2010 07:59
guest88693 Hi,
My husband and I are planning to take an overnight train from Huangshan to Shanghai that gets in at 9:40am. Our flight then leaves from Pudong airport at 12:30pm - Just wondering if anyone knows is this is enough time> From the research we've done, it looks like a taxi either to the Maglev train, or all the way would be our best option, but as it's an international flight and we should be there 1&1/2 - 2 hours before... not sure if we're cutting it a bit fine. Any help much appreciated!
Jan 31, 2010 21:27
  • ELLYSE
A little tight for time. You'll need to get off the train double-quick and hope that the taxi queue isn't long, and then pray that the taxi driver drives like F1.
BTW, taxi all the way would be faster than changing to the Maglev. Believe me, I've done 3 round-trips to Pudong airport in the last 5 days!
Jan 31, 2010 23:18
GUEST18529 Thank you so much for replying! I had seen your posts on here and said to my husband that you're always so helpful, so I was hoping to hear from you!
I agree that it's a little tight - and as we have to work on Monday morning, it's probably not a good idea!
Would we be better off to stay the night in Hangzhou and return to Shanghai airport early in the morning by bus?
Thanks again!
Feb 1, 2010 00:03
  • ELLYSE
Thanks for the compliments, I appreciate it. :)
Hangzhou??? Hmmm, I don't see how staying in Hangzhou the night before would be too helpful.
Would you perhaps consider taking bus Tunxi -- Shanghai the night before?
You're welcome to email me directly at yahoo.com|ellyse99 -- put "TravelChinaGuide" and your own username in the subject line.
Feb 2, 2010 21:19
  • SUSAN205060
Hi,

Per your schedule, you only have one solution to catch the flight:

Get off the train ,then take the subway immediately to longyang road then take the maglev train.
This is the only possible way. Don't try taxi becase you may meet traffic jam on the road.

Enjoy!

Bdgs&Tks,
Susan(China Guide)

MSN: hotmail.com|Susan205060
Feb 2, 2010 21:53
  • ELLYSE
It takes about 35 mins from Shanghai main train station to Longyang Lu, changing from line 1 to line 2 at People's Square interchange. People's Square interchange is awfully crowded and it's a pretty long walk from line 1 to line 2. That's really not a good idea when you have luggage.
Plus, the Maglev only runs every 15 mins. If you're SO unlucky to have to wait the full 15 mins, that's another 15 mins wasted.
The Maglev terminus at Pudong airport is about 5 mins from Terminal 1, and perhaps about 10 mins from Terminal 2. Don't forget to factor that in as well!
All in all... it's not THAT much faster than if you got a good taxi driver.
Jan 28, 2011 04:23
GUEST97162 please my plane take off at 6 am in the morning from pudong airport so i should be at 4 am in thr airport.i reach shanghai from beijing at 8 am the previous day.so what is the best idea or choice to go from near shanghai railway station to pudong airport at 3 pm
Jan 28, 2011 20:36
  • CHERRY07
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST97162

please my plane take off at 6 am in the morning from pudong airport so i should be at 4 am in thr airport.i reach shanghai from beijing at 8 am the previous day.so what is the best idea or choice to go from near shanghai railway station to pudong airport at 3 pm

3 pm (15:00) right? You can take Airport line 5.

Apr 18, 2011 00:10
GUEST96145 We have 3 friends from the States coming through Pudong airport at 7:30 pm on May 15; they want to ride fast train to Xiamen, Fujian asap. Is there a train going to Xiamen after 8 pm? If not, is there a nice hostel near the train station where they need to be at to ride the train to Xiamen the next day? Which train station would they need to be at to ride the SH-XM train? Thank you in advance for any help in replying to this email.

L King
Apr 18, 2011 01:11
  • CHERRY07
To Guest96145,

There are no D trains from Shanghai to Xiamen after 7:30 pm. The D trains leave at 8:25, 9:43, 10:45 and 11:06 at Shanghai Hongqiao Railway Station. The railway station is very close to Hongqiao Airport. You may find a hotel near the Hongqiao Airport like Motel 168 Ease Hotel at Hongqiao Airport and Shanghai Argyle International Airport Hotel Hongqiao. The latter one is much expensive.
Dec 7, 2011 23:56
GUEST53107 this will be my first in shanghai, i'll be arriving at Pudong airport at 11pm (23:00). can i get any suggestions on which hotel i should stay for the first night, considering the late arrival and probably a tour the next day?...thank you everyone
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Shanghai train station to Pudong airport
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code