Menu
Are you afraid of visiting your mother-in-law?
Apr 1, 2010 21:52
GUESTKUCY
Quote:

Originally Posted by JIMMYB View Post

Hi Lion,

Yesterday he was just back from his parents-in-law's home. His girlfriend's home is far away from his. He told me that everything was ok. But he found out that his mother-in-law was a bit scary. She is the one who has the final say at home. If he wants to marry his girlfriend, he must be accepted by his mother-in-law. ...

What about a girl who is invited to see her mother-in-low? I think, things may different! "The mother-in-law will gradually like her son-in-law as time passes by" will be a far-reaching task! Do u think so?
Jul 5, 2010 01:37
  • MARRYMAX
BWINKS has offered good advice. One thing you need pay attention is "Don't be lazy!" After dining with their families, please help them clean the table and the floor. A female friend of mine told me about her first boyfriend. He gave her parents bad impression. He was the only child at his family and was spoiled by his parents. After finishing dinner with his GF's parents, he did nothing except sitting steadly on the sofa. When he got back home, the girl's mom told her daughter to break up with him. The girl wasn't willing to do this but her mom insisted. Finally, they were not together.
Jul 5, 2010 03:03
  • GLOOMYSUNDAY
'If your girlfriend is not with you, and you see her mother coming, do what you can to quickly excuse yourself from the room... at least until she leaves or your girlfriend returns."

I don't think it is a good advice, it only leaves her mom a bad impression too, not easy-going at all, if she want to know the boy more privately. Be honest, see to her eyes during your talk.
Jul 5, 2010 04:55
Haha, maybe your girlfriend leaves the room on purpose. She just wants to see your performance in front of her mom. If you don't know how to "cope with" your girlfriend's parents, please buy some tips or google to find out how other guys deal with their girl's mother.
Jul 5, 2010 13:12
  • CARLOS
Oh, I definitely would be more than happy to visit my mother-in-law much more often than nowadays , wouldn´t mind if it would happen every weekend.

Carlos
Jul 12, 2010 02:30
  • FAERYGIRL
Quote:

Originally Posted by CARLOS

Oh, I definitely would be more than happy to visit my mother-in-law much more often than nowadays , wouldn´t mind if it would happen every weekend.

Carlos

Your wife and your mother-in-law are very lucky to have such a good husband and son-in-law.
Jul 12, 2010 19:42
  • MARRIE
To most Chinese boys, the level of nerve they have when they first time visit future possible mother-in-law is second to the one when they take the national university entrance exam.
Jul 12, 2010 21:17
  • GLOOMYSUNDAY
Haha, Marrie, seems that the first visit to his mother-in-low is the most important thing so far in my life, except what for his own the great expectations. But for girls, things go the same, even more because in Chinese tradition, relation between mother-in-low and the daughter-in-low is hardly handled. and they are supposed to live together for the rest life. So, girls would be terribly nervous when visit her mother-in-low for the first time.
Jul 14, 2010 13:11
  • CARLOS
Faerygirl, thank you for your kind words.

To be honest I must admit that although I get along well with my mother-in-law, there was a little joke because we live 8000 km away from her.

We have planned that after my retirement we will move to Nanning but I would not mind if we could move there tomorrow. Or yesterday...

Carlos
Jul 15, 2010 02:58
  • SUNNYDREAM
Quote:

Originally Posted by MARRIE

To most Chinese boys, the level of nerve they have when they first time visit future possible mother-in-law is second to the one when they take the national university entrance exam.

Excellent analogy. Girls like me also are nervous to see future BF's parents. Taking exams are much easier. If you fail, you can take it again next year. However, if you fail to please your possible mother-in-law, you are unlikely to have a second chance.

Good luck to boys and girls!
Page 2 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Are you afraid of visiting your mother-in-law?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code