Menu
Transit at Beijing Airport for 3 hours
Feb 15, 2010 21:41
  • BIBBIE
I have 3 hours in Beijing International Airport after arriving form Ulaanbatar and flying out to Sydney Australia. I arrive at 1.00pm (1300) and depart at 4,20pm (1620) It is Air China all the way so I hope to have my luggage checked from UB to Sydney and not have to deal with transferring it. Any suggestions on what I can do at Beijing International Airport in Transit for approximately 3 hours? I went to Beijing in December 1989 and the airport was not much more than a glorified shed then. Since they had the Olympics in 2008 I am assuming that the Airport has been upgraded. I have no interest in leaving the airport and seeing the city (again) since I don't think 3 hours gives me enough time. Is there an airside transit room where I can use the for a shower WITHOUT claiming muy lugguage and going through Immigration OR do I have to leave the Airport Any suggestions?
Feb 16, 2010 02:40
  • ELLYSE
You'll be pleasantly surprised. Beijing airport is new and modern, especially Terminal 3 which you'll be using. :) I flew from there during the Olympics and it was very nice!
The airport website indicates that there're hourly restrooms (I think these should be what you're looking for?) where you should be able to have your shower, at Terminal 3 international departures waiting hall.
Feb 16, 2010 06:30
GUEST56140 Dear Ellyse, many thanks for your answer. However I am not sure if I have made myself clear. I am in transit in Beijing International Aiport and I wish to know if the hourly restrooms at Terminal 3 international departures waiting hall can be accessed from the Transit Lounge. I do not want to clear Immigration. Have you been to Singapore (Changi) Airport. The showers and transit hotel rooms are accessible from the Transit Lounge - you do not clear Singapore Immigration to use them. I paid 18 Singapore dollars to have a shower while I was transitting from a flight from the Middle East on the way to Sydney. I did not have to clear Immigration to do this. Does this make sense?
Feb 28, 2010 14:24
  • ELLYSE
Yes, I've been to Singapore airport and I did not have a problem understanding what you meant. Sorry but I'm not stupid!
The wording I quoted in my previous reply was direct from the airport website. "International departures waiting hall" seems to mean to me that this is the area AFTER you clear immigration (ie technically not in the country anymore), which's your so-called transit area. Does this make sense to you now?
Feb 28, 2010 17:42
GUEST57330 Dear Ellyse, many thanks for your explanation.
I did not think you were stupid I was only concerned that the showers and transit hotel rooms are 'airside' NOT after you have cleared Immigration.
Mar 2, 2010 08:20
GUEST17197 Just a suggestion: take a shower or two before you leave your home in UB. Then take a shower when you arrive in Australia. This way, you won't have to bother with a shower in PEK...
Mar 21, 2010 08:21
  • ELLYSE
You need to read better. "After you clear immigration" usually means if you're clearing immigration to LEAVE China, not ENTER China. Ie airside!
Aug 2, 2011 01:20
GUEST11546 Gosh i hope i don't meet Ellyse in my travels, now where are the showers ???
Aug 27, 2011 07:06
GUEST11265 hi the showers are near gate 10 spent one or two hours in the t3 in a room and a shower. When you arrive follow signs to international transfer it's over on the right hand side as you go out to the baggage, your bag has been transfered so you go back down the inter lane you will be checked and end up back at the gate ready for your next flight this is where you can have a shower at gate 10, there is a small hotel with shower massage ect i think food as well it only cost a few dollars
Aug 29, 2011 05:17
GUEST11265 Why are there no ATM banks at the aiport t3
Aug 29, 2011 20:53
  • BL2022
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST11265

Why are there no ATM banks at the aiport t3

Hi, there are banks in the T3 of Beijing airport:
Bank of China: east of T3-C Departure Hall on the fourth floor
China Construction Bank: west of T3-C Departure Hall on the fourth floor
Bank of Beijing: east of T3-C Arrival Hall Public Area on the second floor Industrial & Commercial Bank of China: west of T3-C Arrival Hall Public Area on the second floor
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Transit at Beijing Airport for 3 hours
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code