Menu
Help choose a hotel
Feb 27, 2010 02:21
  • SNOWY3157
Hi,

Please help me decide on a reasonably priced hotel. My choices are Guandong Hotel and Hotel Benito. They both seem to be near Tsim Sha Tsui station which some say is ideal. Guandong Hotel does not have it's own website so I can't see much photos. Most booking sites have the same pictures posted.

Thanks,
snowy
Feb 27, 2010 07:59
  • WANHU
Although I have not stayed at the GDH HK, but I have stayed in Gongbei ZH, it was really a good hotel. In Bao'an it has 2 GDH Inn, and I suppose from the same establishment, smaller rooms and cheaper but good service.
Wan
Feb 28, 2010 01:46
  • CROSIS
At Christmas six of us stayed in the Metropark Hotel Kowloon. While not right in the centre it is walking distance to the ladies market. We stayed up in the club area on the top floors and it was very good value as you got a really good breakfast and happy hour in the price.

If you want to deal with someone who is really helpful then ask for Venus, she is excellent.

http://metroparkhotels.com/hotel/eng/index.php?hotel=kowloon
Feb 28, 2010 15:33
  • ELLYSE
I remember Hotel Benito being quite recommended on TripAdvisor. Maybe take a look at the user reviews there?
Mar 1, 2010 12:32
  • JENCYSMITH
Quote:

Originally Posted by CROSIS View Post

At Christmas six of us stayed in the Metropark Hotel Kowloon. While not right in the centre it is walking distance to the ladies market. We stayed up in the club area on the top floors and it was very good value as you got a really good breakfast and happy hour in the price.

If you want to deal with someone who is really helpful then ask f...

Me too enjoyed in Metropark hotel!!.. I think its a good option!!.. If you need to more information about the restaurants and hotels...please refer the travel guides..they could help you finding a good one!!
Mar 2, 2010 04:17
GUEST07464 My boyfriend and I just visited Hong Kong during Valentine's day and Chinese New Year's Day. Therefore, I recommend you to stay at Y-Loft hotel. The room is big, clean,& modern. There's 7-11 nearby and quite close to the metro (underground train). The only bad thing is that this metro station is at the end of line so it takes time to enter the city. However, it doesn't cost that much for traveling.

By the way, you can buy the octopus card if you plan to travel a lot by metro or bus (it's easier and you don't have to worry to have coin for bus and there's a few cent reduction by using the card as well). You pay 50$HKD for deposit. If you return the card within a month or 3 months, you can get 43$HKD back (50$HKD back with the 7$HKD deducted fee).
Post a Reply to: Help choose a hotel
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code