Menu
Are more Chinese men open to dating black women?
Apr 18, 2010 09:58
  • KITTENMOON
Hi. I am a young black woman from America. My parents are immigrants from Nigeria. I'll be going to Shanghai for a study abroad program and I am very interesting in meeting Chinese born men. I think most Chinese born men would prefer white women, but I would like to know if more Chinese men would consider dating a black woman?
Apr 18, 2010 17:38
  • CRYSTALTAO
This is individual, of course.

But, generally speaking, most Chinese girls want to be whiter and I believe that it also finds reflection in the preferences of Chinese men.

This trait seems to have deep social and even biological roots, but I would not hurry to tag it as racist - since these preferences refer to color of skin without attaching any personal characteristics to people themselves.

I think that the Chinese guy dating a black girl wouldn't be a typical guy, but in fact it's good - since you are looking for a special one, right?

By the way, in my blog - LoveLoveChina - my last post is exactly about this problem: you might find their some additional information and read comments of other people about it (including a black American guy who has a Chinese girlfriend).

Anyway, good luck to you!!!
Jun 7, 2010 19:16
GUESTEFFECTY If you were looking for a spot where you could find a woman that you dreamed about you already found it. The greatest choice of beautiful women in your possession.
Jun 7, 2010 22:59
  • JIMMYB
Are more Chinese men open to dating black women?

Not all of them. I chatted with my friend's sister. She told me that she would be the first one who opposes her brother if he marries a foreign woman including black women. My friends, himself, also thinks that it is not an good idea to marry a foreign woman. Due to the culture differences and language difficulties, it is hard to communicate with her.
Jun 8, 2010 23:15
  • MARRYMAX
I still think it is better to marry a girl who has similar background like you.
Jul 14, 2010 01:58
  • DAPHNEB
Firstly, you like Chinese men, so, just be yourself, enjoy your life in China. Then, be confident, the artificial distinctions of race also break down.
Jan 23, 2011 14:03
GUESTLEARNTO... It depends on the individual, for the people who say "No Chinese men won't date an African/African Descent person because of cultural reasons and blah blah"

There are alot of Chinese men out there that are dating/married to african/african american women. So not all Chinese men or Asian men in general think like that and let their parents control their love life.

Feb 17, 2011 19:40
GUEST62201 We can find it out! You can go to the Chinese Take Me Out show! :p 非诚勿扰Fei Cheng Wu rao.
Feb 20, 2011 23:40
  • NOBODY
Hey.. enjoy your time while you are here... china can be really nice.
But i do have to say that i never saw a chinese man with a black girl.. even not many with a white girl.
But of course there are people who like banana and people who prefer pear...
so just go and ask ^^
Apr 11, 2011 00:40
GUEST18190 I happen to like black women more than any women of any kind, and i am a nitive chinese, may i be blessed if i have a chance to knew you .
best wishs
-------Alex underwood
oh, i forgot that, my email is "live.cn|Hacker1986"---just in case you want it.haha!
May 3, 2011 07:51
GUESTCLAUDE
ooh girl am sorry but i have to let you know the truth, they do not date black girls and they will not even consider it, I've being living in china for a year , i fell in love with a Chinese guy, went further and told him how i feel about him, cause i thought they are too shy to express themselves...guess what he said we can only be friends, decided to give him time to think about it...he told me am beautiful but the problem is my skin color .....i really like him but what to do?
Page 1 of 5    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Are more Chinese men open to dating black women?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code