Menu
What do you expect from Shanghai Expo 2010?
Aug 15, 2010 02:48
GUESTDUKE it's a pity to let them go to waste anyway.
Aug 16, 2010 03:17
GUEST37205
Quote:

Originally Posted by JIMMYB

None of them will be kept after the World Expo. Long ago, a source said that there were five most magnificent pavilions that would be kept. However, the offcials stood out and claimed that all of the pavilions would be removed after the Expo because no expos before once kept the pavilions. This is a convention.

Not true, many countries have kept pavilions and other stuff from previous expos, examples being the crystal palace and the Eiffel Tower
Aug 16, 2010 04:02
It is said that Expo Axis, China Pavilion, the theme pavilions, Expo center and the Performance Center will be kept. Other temporary pavlions(refering to those foreign pavilions) will be removed. Only five most beautiful foreign pavilions will be kept too.

I can not make sure that it is all true. But I guess that there must be some pavilion will be kept though I don't know who they are.
Aug 17, 2010 13:31
  • WAILAOSHI
I didn't get a chance to see the expo, but I was in Shanghai when they were preparing for it. My friend was a worker there this summer and will be returning soon. I am so excited to see his pictures and hear about the experience.
Aug 25, 2010 10:54
  • PRIYANKA
hi when is Shanghai Expo.which date is it on?wil they have many products r only few?i wil be visiting shanghai next month is there any expo happaning then?
Aug 25, 2010 21:27
  • JIMMYB
Quote:

Originally Posted by PRIYANKA

hi when is Shanghai Expo.which date is it on?wil they have many products r only few?i wil be visiting shanghai next month is there any expo happaning then?

It will be held from May 1, 2010 to Oct. 31, 2010. Check the following link and you will learn much about Shanghai Expo.

http://www.travelchinaguide.com/cityguides/shanghai/worldexpo/
Aug 30, 2010 09:08
  • YINGGE
I am going in middle of September during the weekend, anyone planning to go then?
Let me know.
Sep 21, 2010 06:20
  • ANDERSION
Hello Everyone,
I am Andersion.
Here we are discussing about What do you expect from Shanghai Expo 2010?
Same here, not so impressed. I visited the Saudi, German, and Australian pavillions. All of them just mainly showing high-tech videos and light shows, nothing really stunning. Wondered why so many people wait in line for up to 8 hours, but then I found they collect "visa" of the different countries in a special Expo Passport. The huge majority of them will never have a chance to visit these countries in real life...
Sep 22, 2010 04:26
  • MARKUSMJK
Haha... flying to Shianghai soon. anything I should or should not expect? I believe all around the world there are some stuffs to be expected and not expected! I love traveling and I believe I will love it there. Last month I went to Thailand and I got to see a lot of things that I never had any experience. Definitely it changed my view point about the world and I believe this trip will also give me some new perspective! Any suggest where I should go and should stay to save some budget?!?!?
Last edited by MARKUSMJK: Sep 22, 2010 04:30
Sep 27, 2010 07:06
  • BOBKERRY
i do expect from this expo but i am still thinking whther it will be beneficial for all of us or not....i did attend the last one and was not that much hapy from it...so still waiting for the new one
Page 7 of 8    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: What do you expect from Shanghai Expo 2010?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code