Menu
'Fake Disabled’ People Skip Queues at the Expo Site!
Jun 9, 2010 21:20
  • CHRISTINE
  • Community Moderator
How long do you have to queue for visiting a pavilion at the Shanghai Expo site? You will be frustrated if you get the answer. To visit those popular pavilions such as China Pavilion, Spain Pavilion and Belgium-EU Pavilion, you might wait for more than 2 or 3 hours.

In order to skip the time for queuing, some people figure out an easy way---pretending as ‘the disabled’. According to a certain rule, the seniors (over 70 years old), the handicapped, pregnant women and babies can skip the long queue and enter the pavilion through GREEN channel. Thus, some people rent the wheelchairs at the expo site to pretend as ‘the disabled’ so that they can enjoy a quick-pass.

Because of the fake disabled people, those who are really in need of wheelchairs can not rent one. There are eight places inside the expo site that offer wheelchair rental service. Yesterday, a journalist visited two of them and was told that there were around 1000 wheelchairs but they were all rent out before 10:30.

A local graduate in Shanghai wrote a letter to the city leaders, condemning this shameful and uncivilized behavior.
Last edited by CHRISTINE: Jun 9, 2010 21:20
Jun 10, 2010 02:16
  • BL2022
Terrible! I will never ever do it. It is unfair to people who are waiting, for they are forced to wait longer times.

But it is understandable. What if you were a traveler have a limited time for visiting? Will you waste it in waiting and go back without seeing anything or make a quick-pass?

I think the Expo office should take some measures to solve this problem.
Jun 10, 2010 03:52
What can I say? If a man has no feeling of shameness, he/she can do this.

BL2022, saving time is not the excuse for her to break the rule. No excuse for her act.
Jun 11, 2010 02:49
  • BL2022
Quote:

Originally Posted by LONELYJOURNEY

BL2022, saving time is not the excuse for her to break the rule. No excuse for her act.

Emm, they really did a terrible thing.
Jun 12, 2010 08:03
  • LARRYBOY
Its also shameful that there are people that will park in Handicapped parking spots at a local shopping mall or store and walk around for hours in a size store of 100,000 square feet, or more,, but they needed the handicapped parking spot close to the store so they would not have to walk too far from the front door. They cant walk across the parking lot but can spend endless hours walking and shopping,,,Amazing!!
Last edited by LARRYBOY: Jun 12, 2010 08:04
Jun 12, 2010 18:37
  • WUYUETIAN
LB, if u were there in Shanghai Expo, u would be no gentleman any more.

If it's me, I would encourage my parents to go thru green channel via wheelchair rental even though they are not 70 years old yet.
Jun 12, 2010 19:17
  • LARRYBOY
Your right Wuyuetian my apologies,, I should of elaborated, a little more in detail on my comment. My comment applies only to the "abusers" who are healthy and "lazy" and should not take away, from those who need it most. ie: elderly and handicapped.
Jun 12, 2010 20:14
  • JIMMYB
Quote:

Originally Posted by LARRYBOY View Post

Its also shameful that there are people that will park in Handicapped parking spots at a local shopping mall or store and walk around for hours in a size store of 100,000 square feet, or more,, but they needed the handicapped parking spot close to the store so they would not have to walk too far from the front door. They cant walk across the parkin...

That's what I see everyday. If I was a traffic police, I would stamp the tickets on every car that occupies the sidewalk. Seriously, Their driver licenses should be revoked too.
Jun 12, 2010 20:17
  • JIMMYB
Quote:

Originally Posted by WUYUETIAN

LB, if u were there in Shanghai Expo, u would be no gentleman any more.

If it's me, I would encourage my parents to go thru green channel via wheelchair rental even though they are not 70 years old yet.

Considering of the queuing time, there is no other better solutions. But this can not be an excuse for breaking the rules.
Jun 12, 2010 21:07
  • LARRYBOY
I agree Jimmy, there will always be shiftless opportunity seekers, just as long it is convenient for themselves. The well off people that have the big expensive cars think that they have a right to park right in front of a supermarket doorway because of what they are driving, or who they think they are. These are the people I myself like to accidentally on purpose lose control of my shopping cart only to let it hit their car and put a nice size scratch in it! Oopps!! sorry should not of been parking there,, haha.
Jun 12, 2010 23:11
  • JIMMYB
Larry, did the car owner beat you or ask you to pay the money for repairing the scratch?
Page 1 of 5    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: 'Fake Disabled’ People Skip Queues at the Expo Site!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code