Menu
Looking for work in Hainan
Jun 18, 2010 09:32
Dear friends, hello everybody!
This is Stefano from Italy, and I'm writing because my girlfriend and I were looking for a work to get in Hainan, to transfer from Italy.

I'd like to ask, please, informations about which kind of jobs are most required at today, and which skills and qualities are better appreciate in such particular place of China.

In particular I'd like to know if in Hainan Dao there's some cities which could need Italian and/or English teacher or lector for academics.

Thanks to everyone and really best regards and wishes from Italy

Stefano - Xiulong
Jun 19, 2010 01:04
  • SOPHIAWU
Hi Xiulong,
This is Sophia from Haikou, also a new comer. In some schools here, it needs English teachers to teach IELTS,and time is flexible. If you like school, you need to stay at Haikou.Because it's the capital of Hainan Dao. Most universities are located here. It will be good for you to be an oral English teacher or Italian teacher here.It means you have more free time.You can travel around.
If you went to Sanya, you may work in hotels.It depends on your work experiences. The economy is not so developed here,so there're still many chances here.
Any problem,you can contact with me.Hope you will enjoy life here.:)
Jun 19, 2010 02:36
GUESTSTEVEN LEE Hi Sophia,

I googled up 'work in Hainan' and this thread came up in search results.
I am also looking to find work in Hainan. Do you have contacts, or know of people who are looking for English teachers?

I already have TESOL certificates, recently renewed my passport, and am EXTREMELY KEEN on wanting to travel half-way across the world to Hainan for the experience more than anything.

my email - hotmail.com|stumpynuts

Thanks
Steven Lee
Jun 19, 2010 02:47
Dear Sophia, ni hao!
Tai xiexie ni le, wo hen gaoxing renshi ni :-)
I'm very happy to get this answer form You Sophia, also very happy to understand about some possibility in Hainan!!!
Me and my girlfriend thinking about Hainan dao because of two passions we've got: the love for Chinese culture (wushu, language, shufa ecc...) and the love for seaside places where is also possible to have surf.
Thus Hainan dao seems to be a gift of God :-)
I understand the IELTS matter,,,,xiexie
May I ask You some infos about teaching Italian..., which is the title that I need to do it?
'cause I'm graduated (MA2) in ancient history in Pisa's University, and also I've got an MA in digital humanities.
Do such titles permit me to get a job as a teacher? I mean as Italian teacher?
A final question (dui bu qi,,,too much question)
In Hainan Dao, is there any possibility to get a work in artistic fields, as I'm a painter, specialized in watercolors (please, visit my website: www.xiuart.org)
Taixiexie ni le,,,88

Your sincerely Stefano
Jun 19, 2010 03:32
  • SOPHIAWU
Hi,Steven
Nice to meet you.I know an English Institute for IELTS and I will contact with them to check.Welcome to Island.:) Do you have a plan about your schedule?
Jun 19, 2010 03:41
Dear Sophia,
hi and thank You again.
Actually I still haven't planned nothing.
I'm also getting information about IELTS, expecially I'd like to give the mats but without making any courses, that's because I'm actually employed in a company in Florence.

Me and my girlfriend are planning to step to Hainan in a year or two,,,just the time to close some business relationship here and prepare all the certification, prepare all needed contacts, etc...

We're going to move away form here just when the road will be little clearer, and without letting any open situation or doubt...

Anyhow,,,,thank You so much for helping. When we'll get in Hainan, we'll absolutely give you an Italian gift of spaghetti and ragù :-)

how are you there? What's the weather like, and how the places look like?
eh eh eh
thank You, really best wishes for everything

Ste!
Jun 19, 2010 03:53
  • SOPHIAWU
Quote:

Originally Posted by AFETTOXIULONG View Post

Dear Sophia, ni hao!
Tai xiexie ni le, wo hen gaoxing renshi ni :-)
I'm very happy to get this answer form You Sophia, also very happy to understand about some possibility in Hainan!!!
Me and my girlfriend thinking about Hainan dao because of two passions we've got: the love for Chinese culture (wushu, language, shufa ecc...) and the ...

Hi Stefano,
Woo, you learned so much Chinese. Fantastic.Thanks for your passion to Chinese culture.
If you want to teach Italian here,then you need to check in college whether they held this course.And some institution may also have this course.I can ask some friends here.Language can help you a lot.
As you know this island is still natural and not as developed as in main land,so the salary is not so high.You must consider this.But life here is very relaxing. Since you are an artist, great.Then you will have more choices. Most children in here learn many things, painting, music etc.
If I'm not on line,you can write email to hotmail.com|sunny-hainan I am glad to help you.
Jun 19, 2010 04:03
  • SOPHIAWU
Quote:

Dear Sophia,
hi and thank You again.
Actually I still haven't planned nothing.
I'm also getting information about IELTS, expecially I'd like to give the mats but without making any courses, that's because I'm actually employed in a company in Florence.

Me and my girlfriend are planning to step to Hainan in a year or two,,,...

I just came here for three months.Evrything is fine.It's hot here about 27-36 degree,everyday with sunshine and no doubt you will get a tan.hehe It's so fit for your requirement. In afternoon, after work you can go to the beach to see sunset and have a bath.Or you can catch crab in stone.I like it hehe Many places are trees throunded. You will have your opinion when you came here,above is only my feelings.hehe
Welcome friends
Jun 19, 2010 18:11
  • STUMPYNUTS
Quote:

Originally Posted by SOPHIAWU

Hi,Steven
Nice to meet you.I know an English Institute for IELTS and I will contact with them to check.Welcome to Island.:) Do you have a plan about your schedule?

Hi Sophia,

I'm looking at September/October 2010 as a good time for me to come over to Hainan. I would like to stay for a minimum of at least 2-3years in order to improve on Mandarin language skills. Possibly stay longer if things worked out for me. I already speak a little fragmented Cantonese, and basic Mandarin as well as I've been teaching myself.
我也是中国人 (makes sense?)

If I was unable to find work as English teacher then I thought about working someplace else, perhaps a tea factory or kitchen?
Perhaps if Hainan picked up and became more recognised as a tourism destination then English speakers would be highly sought after?

Regards
Steven Lee
Jun 20, 2010 03:30
Qin Sophia, Zao!
I've trried to email you, but the address you've written here, and the one of your profile both back as failed delivery!
So let's post here such email :-)

Zenme yang???
I hope fine and well.
I'd just like to thank you for answering me and helping on travelchinaguide.com's forum,,,tai xiexie ni le!!!
As I told you on the forum's posts, me and my girlfriend Claudia are planning to expat from Italy in a pair of years, because of many reasons, as the passions and interests we've got abou China and nature, and the condition of life and polytics here in Itay (as in whole Europe) which we're disliking.
so...
but firstable, whe would like to build some solid contact before moving away...; you know, here I've got a job. It gives me money to survey thus,,,I just would like to give it away when I'll sure of the next step.
Claudia and I were also planning to come in Hainan to take a look, so just for holiday of a week...do you think in autumn it could be fine?
Or when do you think the season will be better or best to go to hainan?
Maybe we can meet when whe'll get there, and take a drink together :-)
Thank You again and so much for the time you spent to read and answer me, so really really best wishes and regards here from windy Italy; actually the weather is very very bad, a lot of wind, rain-storm and on thursday a twister in the middle of Florence :-)
wow! Crazy time!!!

88, manman zou ba!
ni yidali pengyou Stefano - Xiulong
Jun 20, 2010 10:41
  • SOPHIAWU
Quote:

Qin Sophia, Zao!
I've trried to email you, but the address you've written here, and the one of your profile both back as failed delivery!
So let's post here such email :-)

Zenme yang???
I hope fine and well.
I'd just like to thank you for answering me and helping on travelchinaguide.com's forum,,,tai xiexie ni le!!!

Yes,it'll be better for you to take a visit here,then you can find me. I will be glad to be your guide if I'm free then.
To be mature, we need to consider a lot.I agree with your opinion to work first and do some prepartion in all aspects,solid contact and economy. I'm also work in a company now to support my life.The email I give to you was MSN. You also can writen down my email of: 163.com|sophia-1207
It will be crowded from China National day. That's peak time of tourism in Hainan. September will be better, but still a little hot.The best time in Hainan was Jan. and Feb., because while most place are in cold winter, here is still at its spring.Warm and with sunshine most day.But also it costs a lot.
Keep in touch.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Looking for work in Hainan
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code