Menu
How NOT to be a FOOTBALL WIDOW?
Jun 22, 2010 02:48
guestMichelle Anyone here who has the same experience like me? After the World Cup began, I have become a “football widow”. My BF has put his all energy into watching the football matches. He isn’t the one I was familiar with before. In the past, he shared some family chores like washing dishes and mopping the floor. Now, I have to do all these things on my own. All he cares about is the matches. I am invisible to him now.

I have to say that I am not a fan of soccer. Is this the reason why he ignores me? Can anyone offer some suggestion to avoid being a football widow?
Jun 22, 2010 03:41
  • BAKUI
For football fans, the World Cup is the most important event happens only once every four year, so give them some understanding or join them. Otherwise i dont know how to avoid being a football widow. Sorry.
Jun 22, 2010 20:43
  • KEVIN0518
Michelle, you can either join him and become a football fan or just ignore him. If you want to join him, better learn some knowledge about football. Don't ask him some silly questions, for example, what is "offside". Otherwise, the consequence will be serious. A report says that a guy wants to divorce his wife because she knows nothing about football.

Here is another choice: You can ask your best female friends out to go shopping. Just do something you are happy to do.
Jun 22, 2010 22:40
  • ELLIOTT
Quote:

Originally Posted by KEVIN0518 View Post

Michelle, you can either join him and become a football fan or just ignore him. If you want to join him, better learn some knowledge about football. Don't ask him some silly questions, for example, what is "offside". Otherwise, the consequence will be serious. A report says that a guy wants to divorce his wife because she knows nothing about footb...

For your suggestion, I prefer the latter. Because I can't be pressed forcibly to do things that I do not enjoy doing, never. Just ignore him for a month, no problem, at least, he is crazy about matches not another girl, so, you are safe.
Jun 26, 2010 21:35
Quote:

Originally Posted by ELLIOTT

For your suggestion, I prefer the latter. Because I can't be pressed forcibly to do things that I do not enjoy doing, never. Just ignore him for a month, no problem, at least, he is crazy about matches not another girl, so, you are safe.

Correct! See, he just gets crazy every four years. Give him a chance to do whatever he likes. If you force him to stop watching the games, he might find another girl who loves soccer. Then you will regret.
Jun 27, 2010 21:30
  • KEVIN0518
Quote:

Elliott, I wouldn't force my GF to watch the games with me together if she doesn't like to do this. You know, she is not ineterested in football. If she sits beside me and keeps asking me questions, I would get mad.

However, I would consider of her feelings. I keep silent while watching the games if she sleeps. Just bribe her and make her happy and then she won't bother me when I am watching the matches.
Jun 27, 2010 23:06
  • RAINDROP
Quote:

interesting point. Let him alone for a month! You consider that the critical period is not over, but No if you just ignore his interest. You at the least need to share with him his passion. Shared grief is half the sorrow, but happiness when shared, is doubled.
Jun 28, 2010 01:28
  • ELLIOTT
Quote:

Originally Posted by KEVIN0518 View Post

Elliott, I wouldn't force my GF to watch the games with me together if she doesn't like to do this. You know, she is not ineterested in football. If she sits beside me and keeps asking me questions, I would get mad.

However, I would consider of her feelings. I keep silent while watching the games if she sleeps. Just bribe her ...

You are considerate, Kevin. You make bargaining to let her not bother you. Otherwise, there will easy to be with a fight ending.
Jun 28, 2010 01:33
  • ELLIOTT
Raindrop, you bring us a lesson on relationship.haha. Like your words: Shared grief is half the sorrow, but happiness when shared, is doubled. Rioting may broke out between rival groups of fans, not couples.
Jun 28, 2010 03:43
  • CHARLOTT
football widow? It's the first time I've heard about this term. Luckily, I don't have a crazy fan of soccer as my boyfriend. For those who like football should find a girl/boy who shares the same interest with him/her.Then they can watch the games together.
Jun 29, 2010 21:14
  • MARRYMAX
I just want to remind one thing. Girls who do not love soccer and hate watching the games try to think about your BF/husband. Don't quarrel or fight with him. They need a way to release their pressure. The World Cup gives them an opportunity. And you should remind your BF/husband to take care of their health. Many fans stap up at night to watch the games. It is very bad for their health.

Several days ago, a guy in Taiwan died at his home. His neighbor called the police when they smelt the stink. The police came and broke into that guy's house and they just found out the TV was still on and the guy had been dead for a while.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: How NOT to be a FOOTBALL WIDOW?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code