Menu
Why are men so crazy about soccer?
Jul 7, 2010 23:10
  • JIMMYB
chili-garlic-cucumber? I guess that your lovely wife made it for you, right? Will she accompany with you to watch soccer games? Is she a soccer fan?
Jul 8, 2010 04:55
  • NANCYMOON
Carlos, see, this is very abnormal for you to understand. I have neither overstate nor just state a cliche. Some of these friends are still available, I never notice any change of them.
Jul 8, 2010 12:04
  • CARLOS
对了, Jimmy, my wife taught me how to make it before she went to her sister´s. She will stay there for couple of weeks so I really have here class A life by myself. Work 0700 - 1800, sauna, food, soccer...
No, she is not a big soccer fan but she allows me to vatch soccer anyway

Nancy, seems like I have insulted you somehow. Never intented to, deeply sorry. I too have many friends who are not so interested in soccer although the major part of my friends are soccer people.

Carlos
Jul 8, 2010 14:58
Men like soccer because we play from a young age, in my day's there were no computers to play games on so I was out there kicking a ball around for hours.
There are a lot of women going to games and I find they know quite a lot about " The beautiful game "

Alan
Jul 9, 2010 10:14
  • CARLOS
"The beautiful game". Thanks for that, Alan, soccer really is beautiful, of course if count out some matches like Ger-Esp, where germans did not play at all. One of the most booooooring matches was Scotland - Uruguay, I am not sure, but I think it was in Mexico -86.
Goalie shoot a long one, players watched the ball flying high over their heads to other goalie who did also shoot a long one..... zzzzzzzzzzz...

Scotlands coach was then Andy Roxburgh and before him the coach was some scottish guy that was about middle class soccer player himself. I think his name was Alex Ferguson, who ever he is...
Anyway Scotland played really old time british soccer that time.

Every time the World cup begins I say to my guys that Uruguays matches are not allowed to watch because -86 they did dive in all places and situations.

Carlos
Jul 9, 2010 10:33
Carlos, I thought the current Uruguay team are one of the best I have ever seen from them, the Germany v Spain game you mention thankfully I was still at work so missed it.
I'm getting the beers stocked ready for the final in case I don't make the pub to see it, we have a saying, win or lose were on the booze! cheers

Alan
Jul 10, 2010 13:22
  • CARLOS
I aggree, Alan. Of course Forlan is the name, but then people forget the other players.

The match begins after fifteen minutes and seems like Suarez and Lugano will be there too. Germany players suffer from flue (or lack of motivation?) and Cacau begins and Klose is on bench. Lahm and Podolski are ill, Butt replaces Neuer.

I hope both teams play soccer instead of defending.

Lots of rain coming, though.

Carlos
Jul 10, 2010 22:38
  • JIMMYB
Quote:

Originally Posted by CARLOS

对了, Jimmy, my wife taught me how to make it before she went to her sister´s. She will stay there for couple of weeks so I really have here class A life by myself. Work 0700 - 1800, sauna, food, soccer...
No, she is not a big soccer fan but she allows me to vatch soccer anyway

Carlos

I am right. She is so lovely and caring. You are very lucky to have such a wonderful wman. Now you have to spend a couple of weeks as a single man. Enjoy your time, Carlos. Just remember not to throw all trash on the floor and table when you are getting very excited about soccer games. Otherwise, your wife is gonna to forbid you to watch soccer games
Jul 10, 2010 22:43
  • JIMMYB
Alan, haven't seen you for a very long time. How's your life? I am missing you very much. Last time, you said that you changed a job and seldom had a chance to visit TCG Community frequently. I didn't realize that you had disappeared so long.

Welcome back, Alan.

I didnt't watch the game between Germany and Uruguay. You know, it was going on at 2:30 am. I was too tired and sleep at that time. As the Octopus predicted, Germany beat Uruguay 3:2. Congratulations to Germany!
Jul 11, 2010 13:00
  • CARLOS
As much as I am a fan of Germany, I would have liked to see Uruguay to win. They played very well and with a big heart. Besides Germany is " a sure thing" in every World or European cups, so winning bronze is about "every days bread" to them, but it has been so long time since the last time Uruguay has succeed.

And Forlan scored a totally beautiful goal...

Carlos
Page 2 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Why are men so crazy about soccer?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code