Menu
How many days for Guilin vs. Chongqing?
Jul 15, 2010 02:09
  • TEXAS80
Quote:

Originally Posted by BOBERT View Post

Guilin is city wheras Yangshuo is a small town. Many people speak English in Yangshuo. Ten minutes bike ride from Yangshuo and you are in the countryside. My advice, take the bus from Guilin to Yangshuo (about one hour/10 yuan) and hire a bike (20 yuan per day). The best part of the Li River can be viewed from Xingpin (45 minutes/7yuan from Yangshu...

Wow, definitely need to look into this. You seem to really love Yangshuo... :)
Jul 15, 2010 02:40
  • GLOOMYSUNDAY
Quote:

Originally Posted by BOBERT

Hi Gloomy. Thanks for the welcome, but I am just passing through and thought I could help TEXAS80.

Do come back again, and my hope revives...Maybe I'll see you there in Yangshuo one day.
Jul 15, 2010 04:01
  • BOBERT
TEXAS80; Yangshuo is an extremely friendly and picturesque village. It has something for everyone. I guarantee one visit will not be enough for you.

GLOOMYSUNDAY; See you in Yangshuo anytime you like, just name the date.
Jul 15, 2010 18:23
  • TEXAS80
Quote:

Originally Posted by BOBERT

TEXAS80; Yangshuo is an extremely friendly and picturesque village. It has something for everyone. I guarantee one visit will not be enough for you.

GLOOMYSUNDAY; See you in Yangshuo anytime you like, just name the date.

I'll talk your word for it. See how I can make a trip down there.
Jul 16, 2010 16:03
  • BOBERT
Go to the bus station on the main road in Guilin. It's about 500 meters west of the railway station, on the same side of the street. You can't miss the railway station but the bus station is a lillte more difficult to find without directions.

The 45 minute trip to Yangshuo on a deluxe bus will cost you 15 yuan. Alternatively you could catch a bus to Yangshuo from the train station for 10 yuan on a local bus, but they are not express and take 90 minutes. Get off the bus at Yangshuo and head for West Street. It will feel like an oasis because almost everyone speaks at least a little English.
Jul 27, 2010 16:23
  • TEXAS80
Thanks Bobert, looks like I can make it a day trip. How early and late do these busses run? I want to make sure I don't get on the wrong bus too.
Last edited by TEXAS80: Jul 27, 2010 16:25
Jul 27, 2010 18:21
  • BOBERT
Relax! You will have no problem catching a bus at any time of the day or most of the night. Yangshuo is quite famous and known to all bus ticket sellers. As soon as they see a western face they will know where your headed.
Jul 28, 2010 12:21
  • TEXAS80
Sounds good Bobert. Yangshuo looks like it will be a good time.
Aug 3, 2019 20:08
GUESTIVY I am a Chongqing local girl. Taking 1 or 2 days is enough in central downtown. If you want to enjoy the natural scenery, you can spend one day to Wulong.
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: How many days for Guilin vs. Chongqing?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code