Menu
Two Shanghai Style Buns
Jul 27, 2010 19:03
  • MARRIE
Half fried port buns
Jul 27, 2010 19:04
  • MARRIE
Shanghai Nan Xiang steamed buns. It's really juicy.
Jul 28, 2010 20:55
  • MARRIE
It's real Chinese food. Hope we can see more its delicacy instead of twisted one seen very often overseas that mistaken by other asian rough food.

Shanghai steamed bun or called soup bun.
Jul 28, 2010 21:02
  • MARRIE
I think this guy has never learnt how to eat soup bun in US until he himself stays in China he gets the techniques of eating it.
Jul 28, 2010 21:37
  • CHERRY07
Haha, I watched the first video. He have learnt how to eat the buns. He didn't know it was hot and just swallowed the bun and his tongue got burnt. For the second time, he became very smart. Just bite a small hole and blow it to cool down and then eat it.

Goubuli stuffed bun is said to be good. But I didn't taste it when I visited Tianjin in April. Very expensive. Six buns cost nearly 50 yuan. My sisiter told me that it was just so so. The taste is no big difference with the stuffed bun sold on the street.

Apr 30, 2011 04:08
  • ATTA_BUTT
Chinese food! you should learnt in first then try to eat, Haha.
May 1, 2011 19:40
  • MARRIE
The kingdom of snacks is in Shanghai. The food there is arts.

Ge Dan Yuan Zi

Ge Dan means the egg of the dove. It's created in ChenghuangTemple 50 years ago. It's a sumer snacks only sold in Chun Feng De Yi Lou Tea House. Ge Dan Yuan Zi is made up of sticky rice which is weared to powder by water mill, mint and granulated sugar.

May 2, 2011 04:07
GUEST8558
Quote:

Originally Posted by ATTA_BUTT

Chinese food! you should learnt in first then try to eat, Haha.

why not eat it first? If you think it is yummy, then you can learn the recipe and make it on your own.
May 13, 2011 20:18
  • XIAOBAIHE
Qiao Jia Zha snack shop has experienced 70 years"s history in Shanghai and It's famouse for Tuan Zi (Sticky Rice Ball). Tuan Zi is coated with dry edible powder that is for the purpose to keep Tuan Zi fresh and easy to bring. There are Fresh Meat Tuan Zi, sweetened bean paste Tuan Zi(filled with sweetened bean paste), Sesame Tuan Zi and many more...

May 15, 2011 21:18
  • WUYUETIAN
Ji Ya Xue Tang (Chicken and Duck Blood Soup)
It's an ordinary and cheap snack soup available in Shanghai. The soup includes duck blood and the heart, liver, intestines of chicken. The medicine function is to enrich the blood and release the body toxin. It tastes just fantastic. Song Sheng Snack Shop located in Chenhuang Temple is featured with Ji Ya Xue Tang.

Last edited by WUYUETIAN: May 15, 2011 21:23
May 17, 2011 07:29
  • ATTA_BUTT
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST8558

why not eat it first? If you think it is yummy, then you can learn the recipe and make it on your own.

Question is not this, that "why not eat in first", question is this, how to eat, you should learnt in first then try to eat. Chinese food definitely delicious.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Two Shanghai Style Buns
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code