Menu
How do you call your GF or wife?
Aug 16, 2010 08:05
  • GAFFER
Yes husband/wife are simple but rather formal and not very romantic. Sweetheart, or honeybunch are cute but might not be to everyones taste. I have a pet name for my wife which refers to a part of her anatomy which I find very attractive, but she would kill me if I revealed it.
Aug 16, 2010 17:47
  • COOLSPRINGS
In my homecity, a couple call each other's whole names if the first name has one syllable or just first name in case of the first name having 2 syllables. I am pretty sure the custom applies to young couple today. Romantic things between couples require personal qualities rather than sweet words that, I think, are as ordinary as three meals in the west.
Aug 17, 2010 02:24
  • ROVER
See from some Chinese movies, the husband addresses his wife 孩他妈(the mother of kids)while the wife calls her husband 孩他爹(the father of kids) in some Chinese countries.
Aug 17, 2010 02:48
  • HERBEAT
Personally I think it's a bit funny. But generally speaking, I'd prefer other ways..... Anyway, as long as the name means something to the couple, or that the partner shows his / her tender to the other..
Aug 17, 2010 03:00
GUESTBAUL
Quote:

Originally Posted by GAFFER

...... I have a pet name for my wife which refers to a part of her anatomy which I find very attractive, but she would kill me if I revealed it.

Haha, Gaffer, I have my interest in it.
Aug 17, 2010 05:18
  • HERBEAT
Count me in^-^ Oh, and I'm sure your wife won't kill you... lol...
Aug 17, 2010 06:12
  • LARRYBOY
I call mine food!!! Welcome back Yolanda
Aug 17, 2010 23:57
  • HERBEAT
hehe, thanks Larry, and happy to be back:-)
Aug 18, 2010 01:01
Just be quiet. I am telling you a secret. My best friend told me that his girlfriend called him "乖乖" in Chinese. I asked him why but he couldn't figure it out. I guess that his girlfriend wanted him to behave well. Don't make her angry, hehe.
Aug 18, 2010 03:43
  • GAFFER
I'm sure if my wife called me by my full name it would be because I was in trouble .

And for the curious, my pet name for her refers to the part of a womans body they are all very conscious of...especially if it gets too big
Page 2 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: How do you call your GF or wife?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code