Menu
Da Ming Palace National Site Park
Aug 19, 2010 01:28
  • RAINDROP
The Site of the Da Ming Palace is located on the Long Shou Plateau in the north suburb of Xi'an City, Shaanxi Province. It is reported four times bigger than Beijing's Forbidden City. The park was destroyed by wars at the end of the Tang Dynasty, and this time it was going to be partly rebuilt, and the reconstruction will cost 140 billion.

The opening date is Chinese National Day 2010 according to plan. However, part of its finished construction was dismantled recently. Have been invested about 400 billion yuan, why the finished construction was dismantled? And until now nobody provides an explanation.

Part of final rendering

Aug 24, 2010 02:51
  • NANCYMOON
I read this recently, and as reported, they just move some of its constructions, like sculptures, but not dismantled. However, what made me surprised is the purpose to build this palace - to apply for world natural and cultural heritage, but not only for remedying loss of cultural relics.
Aug 24, 2010 03:40
  • ELLIOTT
Why so many places search for that?? ??? Nanyue temple in Hunan province once spent RMB 1970,000 to build a washroom. I wonder what is the standard for a WORLD HERITAGE?? nonsense if they run out their money for it and stupid.
Aug 30, 2010 22:56
  • BBQQ
Why so many places search for that?? ??? Being as the World Heritage can bring thme more profits. Then they can increase the ticket price to make money.
Sep 1, 2010 02:42
  • RAINDROP
Yes, I'm with you, Elliott, it is nonsense if they run out their money for it. And it takes years to run in case it can bring profits. I don't like this men-made scenic area, although it costs trillions.
Post a Reply to: Da Ming Palace National Site Park
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code