Menu
8 Hong Kong tourists killed in Philippine bus hijacking!
Aug 24, 2010 03:33
  • ONMYWAY
Yesterday morning, a 55 years old ex-police in Philippine hijacked a tourist bus and took 21 Hong Kong tourists as the hostages. He required the Philippine police to drop a drug trafficking charge and give back his job on a police force.

During the period, the police negotiated with him. The gunman released nine of the hostages, including three children, an elderly man and two Filipinos. Later, the situation deteriorated. The Philippine police stormed the bus and shoot the hijacker in the head.

Unfortunately, 8 tourists were killed and 5 got injured badly.

Today, all government offices in HKSAR lowered flags at half-mast to mourn victims died in the bus hijacking.
Last edited by ONMYWAY: Aug 24, 2010 03:36
Aug 24, 2010 03:34
  • ONMYWAY
The police was trying to break the door.

Aug 24, 2010 04:07
  • CELIANA
I've seen the news that the former police officer was killed finally, but it is too sad for those injured and who had lost their loved ones! Philipines trip has been baned in Hong Kong.
Aug 24, 2010 04:22
  • SUNNYDREAM
The police looks like an amateur. How could he use that thing to break the door? The gunman must have felt panic. That's why 10 people got killed.

The Chinese ministry of foreign affairs also warns Chinese tourists to take care of themselves during traveling in Philippines. After this tragedy happened, I won't risk my life to go to the Philippines.
Aug 24, 2010 21:08
  • CHERRY07
According to some foreign media, some victims were susptect to have been killed by the police during the attack. I can't imagine that they used a long stick to break the door. The police deparment should be responsible for this incident.
Aug 24, 2010 21:51
  • DAPHNEB
See what they do ................................

Aug 24, 2010 22:20
  • XIAOXIAO
So they are very proud to take a picture at the site where the tragedy? Shame on them! If their parents were on the bus, would they be so happy to take photos?

If you watched the video how the police saved the victims, you will understand the whole incident.
Aug 24, 2010 22:22
  • HONGKONGMAN
The trip to Philipines has been baned, let's see if we can still see so many Phis here is Hong Kong.
Aug 24, 2010 22:37
  • DAPHNEB
I see, many cities in China also issued travel warnings to Chinese citizens, urging caution. It is reported their families will get high compensations, more than one hundred HK dollars. God bless.
Aug 25, 2010 01:32
The police has admiitted that their rescue operation wasn't perfect. After this bus hijacking, many Hong Kong people came to the Consulate General of the Philippines in Hong Kong to protest.

It is said that the vice president and the foreign minister will come to Beijing and Hong Kong to explain the bus hijacking incident.

Aug 25, 2010 21:12
  • JIMMYB
The police took a photo in front of that hijacked bus.

Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: 8 Hong Kong tourists killed in Philippine bus hijacking!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code