Menu
Do Chinese women prefer to marry a house husband?
Aug 26, 2010 01:49
  • ONMYWAY
My friend has been watching a Chinese TV play called “the Defense of Marriage (婚姻保卫战)" in recent days. She told me that she dreamt of marrying a boy like the male protagonist in the TV play.

I am trying to figure out why she had such an idea. She said that she hoped her future husband could cook delicious food for her every day. Also he must do the housework, for instance, cleaning the floor and washing clothes. Besides, educating the kid was also his job. What did she do? Just enjoy her comfortable life.

Does such a perfect man really exist? Don’t know. But Xu Xiaoning (the male protagonist) is such a man. His wife works outside to make money. Then he stays at home to work as a house husband.

My girlfriend also requires me to learn cooking dishes. Do all Chinese women have the same idea?

Aug 26, 2010 03:06
  • BL2022
Quote:

Originally Posted by ONMYWAY

My girlfriend also requires me to learn cooking dishes. Do all Chinese women have the same idea?

How is it going now, Onmyway? Can you make delicious food now?
I don't want a house husband, but a husband who can give me the sense of security. Does not matter if he can cook or not. But I really hope he can share the house work if both of us go to work.
Aug 26, 2010 03:16
  • SUNNYDAY
A house husband? Never, I'm not that strong to support a whole family.
Aug 26, 2010 03:41
  • GLOOMYSUNDAY
Gourmets should not only be good at tasting but also cooking. House husband is impossible, but they would be appreciated if they occasionally cook for their family. it will never be ignored.
Aug 26, 2010 03:57
  • ONMYWAY
Quote:

Originally Posted by BL2022

How is it going now, Onmyway? Can you make delicious food now?
I don't want a house husband, but a husband who can give me the sense of security. Does not matter if he can cook or not. But I really hope he can share the house work if both of us go to work.

Well, she is not together with me now. She just told me that I should learn to cook. After she gets back, she wants to me to cook some dishes for her. Sounds like an exam. But I haven't started to cook. I told her that I would learn it after she comes back.
Aug 29, 2010 01:40
  • JIMMYB
Men are so poor. They not only raise their family but also work like a house husband. What do women do?
Sep 28, 2010 03:03
GUEST25429 i really didn't like the idea at all ... cuz the woman by nature is supposed to find a happiness while taking care of her husband , house and family... the life if it wasn't like that it would be just upside down ... no doubt if the husband could help his wife one day ... making a surprise by preparing a break fast ... such this kinda things it could be really nice ... but it can't be a rule for a daily life ... the man has his job out side home ... and the women also inside her home ... we can't mix that up ...
Oct 11, 2010 22:03
  • CHARLOTT
Quote:

Originally Posted by JIMMYB

Men are so poor. They not only raise their family but also work like a house husband. What do women do?

Don't worry, Jimmy. Not all women like house husband. You can find a girl who prefer to be a house wife.
Oct 12, 2010 06:02
  • GAFFER
I'm lucky, mine is happy to be a housewife (apart from laundry and ironing) but also likes us to do things together.... I mean cooking and housework.
Oct 13, 2010 21:25
  • CHARLOTT
Do Chinese women prefer to marry a house husband?

They prefer to marry a guy who can cook delicious dishes, do the housework and make a lot of money. Trust me!
Dec 1, 2010 03:23
  • CHERRY07
Quote:

Originally Posted by GAFFER

I'm lucky, mine is happy to be a housewife (apart from laundry and ironing) but also likes us to do things together.... I mean cooking and housework.

My BF currently like cooking and doing housework together. He washes and clean vegetables and I cook meals. He also washes clothes with me. But I am not sure if he can keep on after we get married.

My best friend just told me that her husband did cook and wash clothes before marriage. But everything has changed since they got married. Cooking and doing housework is all her duties.
Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Do Chinese women prefer to marry a house husband?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code