Menu
A letter to my child!
Aug 31, 2010 01:34
  • BBQQ
My dear son/daughter,

When I am writing this letter, you haven’t come into the world. But I am obliged to tell you that you will encounter some serious issues in your adolescence…….

From September, a special compulsory course will be introduced to the middle schools and universities in Yunnan Province. It is about “Truth of Life, Love and Sex”. The above letter is a part of the course, explaining why it is better to have sex after marriage and why chastity is important.

Defending one’s chastity before marriage has been talked in this book. It also teaches girls how to refuse boys.

Boy: “If you love me, you wouldn’t refuse me.”
Girl: ”If you love me, you wouldn’t require me to give up my chastity easily.”

Is this course useful?
Sep 1, 2010 04:02
I just remembered how I had my physical hygiene course in middle school. It was a female teacher who taught us this course. She was too shy to talk about boy and girl's bodies. She just omitted that part.

The course is of course useful. But I am wondering if the teachers are brave to teach about this special course.
Sep 1, 2010 21:02
  • MARRIE
I never travelled to Yun Nan (gold triangle area) and Hai Nan. I heard long time ago when I was in China, that's the area which sort of dirty because of trade of drug and sex...that is why the course is listed as compulsory edu to improve th situation. And there is high risk of Aids in those areas as well.
Last edited by MARRIE: Sep 1, 2010 21:04
Sep 1, 2010 21:47
  • ONMYWAY
Chinese people have become very open today. But they are still very reserved on some issues, for example, sex. The teachers are too shy to teach this course. Hope they won't omit this or just let the students read it on their own.
Sep 6, 2010 23:07
  • KEVIN0518
Guidance is necessary. But how to guide the students is challenging. My suggestion: train the teachers first and then let the teach the students about this course.

I guess that the teachers weren't taught about these things when they were in middle school.
Oct 24, 2010 11:20
  • ATTA_BUTT
Quote:

Originally Posted by KEVIN0518

Guidance is necessary. But how to guide the students is challenging. My suggestion: train the teachers first and then let the teach the students about this course.

I guess that the teachers weren't taught about these things when they were in middle school.

100% true it is necessary first teach to teacher, then students also.
Post a Reply to: A letter to my child!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code