Menu
My first trip to china, where to go?
Sep 6, 2010 23:24
  • FANNYTEFEL
On October 20th I'm going to Guangzhou (canton fair) what is a must in this place? Is there a specific food that I must try?
Sep 7, 2010 01:55
  • BAKUI
There are many attraction sites in Guangzhou, like the Pearl River, the White Cloud Mountain,etc. You can choose some to visit: [tcgurl=http://www.travelchinaguide.com/attraction/guangdong/guangzhou/]Guangzhou Attractions[/tcgurl]

Famous food in Guangzhou: wonton(云吞), Shahefen (沙河粉), special soft sausage (拉肠),stewed milk beancurd (双皮奶),etc.
you may look into[tcgurl=http://www.travelchinaguide.com/cityguides/guangdong/guangzhou/dining.htm]Guangzhou Dining[/tcgurl]to get some inspiration.
Last edited by BAKUI: Sep 7, 2010 01:59
Sep 10, 2010 09:44
  • ASIANGUY
The Pearl River Night Cruise,
"Up-down-9" shopping street at night(must be night),
The large garden with 9 Ram Statue(forgotten the name) and the tall museum inside(every level's treasures)
The Old Emperor's Tomb(ask the local)
Shamian(an old french area, very romantic, again better at night)
The shopping area with many shopping complexes and a largest book store.

White Cloud Mountain is a waste of time and money, nothing nice, don't go.

Sep 14, 2010 01:12
GUEST92846 White Cloud Mountain is a very nice place to visit, as a foreigner I founed it very interesting.

Is there a local park near Guangzhou where they allow Bike (Mountain) riding?
Sep 20, 2010 22:31
  • FANNYTEFEL
Thanks for your help, is there a food that is a must to try in Guangzhou? Or a special restaurant, I am going at the end of October 2010 to the Canton Fair.
Sep 21, 2010 07:24
GUEST42176 Cantonese food are famous but I don't find any speciality. You can ask the hotel staff or the locals when you arrive.
Sep 21, 2010 13:36
  • WANHU
Guangzhou offers both Chinese and foreign cuisines as well as Chinese and western fast food. I suppose you are used to western fast food, then you may try some Chinese cuisines. You may inquire info from the receptionist of the hotel. Once you are there you will know.
Wan
Sep 21, 2010 23:43
  • ANGELYANG
I suggest you try some traditional Cantoness food, such as Dim Sum, sea food, slow-cooked soup and dessert.

Angel Yang(hotmail.com|yangjinying)
Sep 23, 2010 03:29
  • WANHU
Chang feng is good too, used to be my favourite
Wan
Sep 27, 2010 06:28
  • FANNYTEFEL
Is there a dress code or jeans are fine? I am going to the canton fair and visit some places, at night we'll go bar hoping etc...
Sep 29, 2010 19:38
  • APAULT
You should visit Chen Clan Academy: it encapsulates a lot of traditional Chinese hiostory and style. It's on the metro and only about 10 rmb to enter. Many ppl enjoy the traditional Chinese medicine wholesale market just accross the narrow channel and a busy road from Shamian Island. You might also coniser eating at a fish restaurant at the fish market next to Shamian Island. You should definitely try dimsum/yumcha at one of the speciality restaurants but you need a group to make it the fun it should be: I emjoy the 'night tea' version best. Eating in the streets, hotpot and BBQ are great, but with the Asian Games coming soon the authorities are forcing many to close.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: My first trip to china, where to go?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code