Menu
Foods you don’t like to eat
Sep 9, 2010 04:12
  • XIAOXIAO
A friend of mine told me that most foreigners don’t like eating animal’s internal organs like pig liver. And fish head, pig feet and chicken feet are also unacceptable. Is it real?

Everyone has his/her favorite food and there are foods that they hate to eat. To me, Poached Spicy Slices of Pork is what I hate to eat. It is too spicy and hot. Once I got my tongue burnt.

What do you hate to eat?

Sep 12, 2010 01:47
  • CHERRY07
Xiaoxiao, Poached Spicy Slices of Pork(水煮肉片) looks very nice. You must have been too hurry so that your tongue got burnt.

I don't like onion no matter how it is cooked. I know that it is good to your health. It can lower your blood fat. But it tastes weird. If you fry it with meat, it tastes a bit sweet. Just not my type.
Sep 12, 2010 02:28
  • RAINDROP
I never eat animal's internal organs, at least since I can remember. and never in future.

what I hate to eat is carrot, so any dishes mixed with carrot is unacceptable for me.
Sep 13, 2010 16:39
  • DAVEC
In the west we very rarely eat the insides of an animal. Maybe liver but never intestines or things like that.
Not only that but we prefer to eat meat that doesnt have bone around it, so we eat lots of beef steaks, pork or chicken breast.
Chicken feet would never been seen unless in a Chinese restaurant. Pig feet are used but that would be for a slow cooked meal like a stew, just to make it thick.

I am clearly made in China because I will eat most things. I will try almost anything once, eat first then ask afterwards. But I have to say, fish head....no way
Sep 13, 2010 20:08
  • CHERRY07
carrot? Why? it is nutritious. I remembered I ate raw carrot when I was young. My mom just gave me some when she was preparing the dishes. It sounds like I am a rabbit.
Sep 13, 2010 20:27
  • CHERRY07
I am clearly made in China because I will eat most things. I will try almost anything once, eat first then ask afterwards. But I have to say, fish head....no way.

That's fantastic! Then you won't miss many delicious Chinese dishes. My suggestion is "eat first if you like it and then don't ask anything". Here is what I have found:

A Chinese guys wrote a tip on the internet. He suggests "Don't order any dishes made by internal animal organs". He had real experience.

Once he took his foreign friend to dine in a restaurant. He ordered a special dish and his foreign friend liked it and ate them all. Then his friend asked what it was. He said it was "roast chicken heart". Suddenly, his friend threw up everything he ate.

Here is a very famous dish in Hunan. It is called “剁椒鱼头(steamed fish head with diced hot red peppers)”. It is very popular.

I can not figure out why it is so popular. There is not much meat on the fish head. Maybe, they like its flavor.

Sep 14, 2010 03:31
  • RAINDROP
I am not so much like a rabbit, food for you, Cherry, I know it is nutritious, but maybe coz I hate sweet vegetables. I can eat it raw, but fried, no way.

I heard that many people like Stewed fish brains. That is nutritious too. But I will never try it.
Sep 14, 2010 04:33
  • JIMMYB
Stewed fish brain? How many fishes do they need to make a dish? Maybe, one is enough like the shark.
Sep 14, 2010 04:58
  • BETTYTOY
Stewed fish brain????!! OMG, I heard of monkey brains years ago...disgusting to eat.

If I met some1 who sucks fish brain when dating, i will leave him far away...
Sep 14, 2010 11:01
  • OSMAN
Quote:

Originally Posted by BETTYTOY

Stewed fish brain????!! OMG, I heard of monkey brains years ago...disgusting to eat.

If I met some1 who sucks fish brain when dating, i will leave him far away...

How far you leaved?
Sep 14, 2010 21:02
Humans just think that they are the rulers on the earth and they can eat what they want, shark fin, caviar, fish brain, monkey brain etc. Very cruel!
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Foods you don’t like to eat
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code