Menu
Who can save Chinese football?
Sep 25, 2010 02:04
  • JIMMYB
A source claims that Cai Zhenhua will be assigned as the new president of China Football Association after Cui Dalin retired. Cui was the vice-president of the State General Administration of Sports from 2007 to 2009. Also he was in charge of the China Football Association before retired.

Cai Zhenhua is also the vice-president of the State General Administration of Sports. He once was an excellent table tennis player and has earned many world champions.

I agree that he is a top Ping Pang player. But he has never played football like his predecessor Xie Yalong (the vice president of China Football Association). Can a man who has no knowledge of football save Chinese football?

Sep 26, 2010 01:14
  • KEVIN0518
Can a man who has no knowledge of football save Chinese football?

His predecessor has answered this question. During Cui's reign, Chinese football scandal was fully discovered. Xie Yalong was arrested and the once-popular judge was caught to take bribes. This judge is Lu Jun who is an international football referee. And this guy can't speak any English.

Chinese football is just like an apple that is rotten at the core. I don't see the future.
Sep 29, 2010 22:40
GUESTCHINESEMAN "Chinese football is just like an apple that is rotten at the core."

I am with Kevin. A man who has knowledge of soccer can not save Chinese soccer too. Replacing the manager and the coach is no use.
Oct 13, 2010 11:19
  • CARLOS
It doesn't matter who's on the top, what is done down there, that matters. Starting from the bottom is the only way and a very long one. The only way is to forget all plans for the next 10 years and build the system from its basics.

Carlos

PS: I did not find anything mentioning Sepp Blatter would have played soccer ever... Still he is on the top of the tops. And seems that he is just like an apple that is rotten at the core...
Oct 17, 2010 01:55
  • JIMMYB
The only way is to forget all plans for the next 10 years and build the system from its basics.

Nice idea. But I think that it is hard to implement your suggestion. A lot of people have been involved in Chinese football scandal. I guess that more problems will be found out as the investigation goes on. Some people might stop the investigation because there are too many officials involved in the this matter.
Oct 18, 2010 11:46
  • CARLOS
Chinese cities should hire foreign soccer coaches, not those with a big name and a demand for a big salary, only need to have education on soccer and a burning desire to be a small part of something real big.

I happen to know one who would happily move to China and start coaching small kids...
He is my best friend... He already does have a plan if he is called...
Bet you can't guess who...

Carlos
Oct 19, 2010 22:48
GUEST2174
Quote:

Originally Posted by CARLOS

I happen to know one who would happily move to China and start coaching small kids...
He is my best friend... He already does have a plan if he is called...
Bet you can't guess who...

Carlos

Is he Maradona? It is said that he might coach a team in Shanghai. Don't know if it is real.

He is not going to coach the team. The real purpose is money. If I was the manager of the club, I won't invite him to be the coach.
Oct 24, 2010 03:08
  • CARLOS
Wwwrrroooonnngggg, guest2174!!!

If you read my postings above, you'll find out what I mean.

Seems like the biggest problem in chinese soccer is that they want results yesterday and for that they are ready to put money to hire a coach with big name and a big demand for salary. But if the players are not the best, how can anyone expect that the coach could make a winning team?

Making a long term plan and starting from the basics with kids, building the coaching system from below like a pyramide, that will be the one and the only way to the top. And it will take 10 - 15 years.

Carlos

P.S. A hint: I am available anytime
Oct 27, 2010 03:44
  • JIMMYB
Carlos, I suddenly realize that you are the guy who can save Chinese soccer. A foreign even knows what the problem is. But why are the officials so stubborn? How many coaches have ever coached Chinese Men's Football Team? Be sober now!

A good coach just guides the team but he can not play the game instead of 11 footballers.
Oct 28, 2010 09:52
  • CARLOS
Chinese, as well as any other country soccer will not be saved or elevated to the top by only one or even ten persons. Small streams make a great river. Anyway, I love coaching juniors, it is so very rewarding to see them developing from raw apples to soccer players.

Seems like me coaching in Nanning is just a dream so I guess I'll have to continue here

Carlos
Oct 29, 2010 01:25
  • JIMMYB
What a surprise! You are really a football coach? You may consider opening a football school in Nanning and then you can coach kids to play football.
Page 1 of 5    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Who can save Chinese football?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code