Menu
Happiness is too fragile!
Nov 2, 2010 04:10
  • CHARLOTT
Obviously it would be nice to be able to buy anything you would like but I would get more pleasure from helping disadvantaged people.

It would be very good if all winners could think like you. Unfortunately, they don't. For me, I might do the same thing like them, buying whatever I want. I would also refuse to share my money with other people.

Gaffer, you may try your luck to buy the lottery. Then you can make your wish come true (helping disadvantaged people). And you can test if you are able to keep your promise too.
Last edited by CHARLOTT: Nov 2, 2010 04:11
Nov 2, 2010 06:33
  • LARRYBOY
The biggest mistake anyone makes after winning a big lottery,,is to immediately go out buy expensive things and etc. etc. In most countries you have up to a year to claim your prize winnings. Get your life and finances in order first,, set up trust accounts and other financial trusts. Get them ready!! research all different prospects. Youwill protect yourself in this direction. Claim your prize and then FIRST FIRST FIRST ALL THE ACCOUNTS you set up,,,retirement ,college, family , fill them up first so you and your family have something to look forward to in future years,,this will only be a drop in the bucket because you will still have plenty of whats left over to plan for yourself, so items of interest you may want to buy. Set up a secure nest egg and dont make the big mistke of poor minded people by going out right away and purchasing higly expensive items to flex your financial muscle in front of others. This is foolish thinking!! You will invite disaster to yourself and your family and will have nothing in the end. and it will be a disaster!! You will bring much unwanted attention to yourself and become a target of well savvy thieves and lawsuit mongering lawyers. Live a quiet life and live within your means. You can still have nice things AFTER you set up your security net. Learn to manage your own finances and do not trust in financial plannners,,,learn this before you cash in your ticket. There is no rush!! to go out and spend. You will be happy and in peace that you planned first. Best Regards Larry
Nov 3, 2010 04:53
  • CHARLOTT
Larry, what do you want to do most if you won a big lottery?
Nov 3, 2010 06:03
  • LARRYBOY
Hi Charlott!! After I have established what I have mentioned above,, I would like to travel,,and most of all, see China!! I would like to go into the hill or country side of China and away from tourists. I would like to stay for a month living with a family so I can experience the culture of that area without any outside influence to degrade my stay. I also would like to buy a second home in an Asian Country but I have not yet decided which one yet,, so with my winnings, I will travel and tour the landscapes of Asia and shop for a second home and to be able to serve or work there in some kind of capacity. Most likely I would like to teach english to children and help with their educational development. How about you Charlot what would you like to do with your winnings?? Best Larry
Nov 3, 2010 22:52
  • CHARLOTT
Larry, I didn't think about this. Like Gaffer, I don't buy lottery.

If I had win a big lottery, I would firstly buy a new house. Then I would bring my families to travel in the world. My parents have been working hard all their lives to support me and my sister. They should have a rest and enjoy their lives.

And I won't donate my money to any charity organizations because I don't trust them. Instead, I might buy some daily articles and give them to the poor who are in need of them. As long as I have money, I will do it consecutively.

Finally, I will do some investment to accumulate more money. So I can make my families live comfortably and help those poor guys.

I have to say that "I am selfish". My first priority is to make my families live well and then I will do something good. If I can not handle my family very well, how can I help others?
Nov 9, 2010 03:05
  • JIMMYB
Charlott, it isn't about selfishness. If you can not support yourself, how can you help others? First make sure that you live very well. Then you may think about using your money to help others.

PS: Try to buy lottery. Maybe you will win a big lottery and realize your dream--making your families live comfortably and helping the poor.
Dec 8, 2010 07:23
GUEST13277 If I won 1 million euros, I would not think it's too much. If you divide the money per month for the years I have left, I would be left with 1000e per month or smth, that is less than avarage salary. I do not have a wife, but I would not be willing to share half with my gf, but I would buy her an ipod, that is what she has been dreaming of for about a year now. I think we would stay together and just go eat out sometimes, no other life change, except I would become lazy and did not work hard as I try to do already. Of course I would travel to China, and if I was single, I would stay at least one year in Beijing and do the same with several other world cities
Dec 8, 2010 21:02
  • CHARLOTT
"but I would not be willing to share half with my gf, but I would buy her an ipod, that is what she has been dreaming of for about a year now."

You won 1 million and just buy her an ipod? It is normal that you wouldn't share half of it with her. If I won such a lottery, I wouldn't be willing to share it with my BF too. I am trying to imagine how she reacts when she learns that you win a big lottery and just buy her an ipod.
Dec 19, 2010 21:53
  • BBQQ
Quote:

Originally Posted by CHARLOTT View Post

"but I would not be willing to share half with my gf, but I would buy her an ipod, that is what she has been dreaming of for about a year now."

You won 1 million and just buy her an ipod? It is normal that you wouldn't share half of it with her. If I won such a lottery, I wouldn't be willing to share it with my BF too. I am trying to ima...

Haha, too much money is very annoying, especially for those who have never had such a lot of money.

Charlott told the truth. We are all selfish. That's why we won't share it with our dearest families.
Jan 17, 2011 00:11
GUEST567 For me the stories sounds interesting... but its seems to be only in the view of the woman.
Would i win a few millions.... i would "test" my wife if she is really faithfull before i claim the money.
I trust her, but as you all said, money changes. But i also would live normal, the only big things are maybe one time a house and a car. (if my wife stays with me)
How to test her? My wife likes to go shopping, so for this we need money. If i say now that i lost my job and she takes it "good" If she stays with me when i m poor.. then i would claim the money and buy her a car.
Page 2 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Happiness is too fragile!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code