Menu
Russia's Elena Dementieva retires from tennis
Oct 31, 2010 01:40
  • BBQQ
The former World No.3 as well as the champion of 2008 Beijing Olympics announced her retirement from tennis after losing in straight sets to Francesca Schiavone in Doha.

It was a surprise. No one knew that she would retire so early. She is just 29 years old. But she has struggled injuries this year. Maybe, that's why she decided to end her tennis career.

Although she didn't win any Grand Slam during her career, she is still a great tennis player.

Dementieva reached the finals of the French Open and US Open in 2004, and beat Serena Williams, Vera Zvonareva and Dinara Safina on her way to the Olympic gold medal in Beijing in 2008. Her best performance this year came at the French Open where she was beaten in the semi-finals, again by Schiavone.

Oct 31, 2010 08:07
  • ATTA_BUTT
She was sad at the moment of retirement, I think,
Her career. Oh.
In this age may she come back? I guess

Nov 10, 2010 02:45
  • BBQQ
Quote:

Originally Posted by ATTA_BUTT

She was sad at the moment of retirement, I think,
Her career. Oh.
In this age may she come back? I guess

It is up to her. I guess it is hard for her to make such a decision. If she can not enjoy playing tennis on the court, then it is time to leave.
Nov 10, 2010 08:49
  • ATTA_BUTT
Quote:

Originally Posted by BBQQ

It is up to her. I guess it is hard for her to make such a decision. If she can not enjoy playing tennis on the court, then it is time to leave.

It is hard to understand how a player can leave his or her court. it is life hobby.
it is an activity done regularly for pleasure.
Nov 17, 2010 02:55
  • KEVIN0518
Quote:

It is hard to understand how a player can leave his or her court. it is life hobby.
it is an activity done regularly for pleasure.

She has claimed 16 champions in her career. But she hasn't won a grand slam. She did have many chances to fufill her dream but finally let the chances slip away.

Her greatest wish is to win a grand slam and she has done what she could have done. However, the results are always disappointing. Maybe, she can not find a reason to keep playing tennis.
Dec 4, 2010 23:57
  • ATTA_BUTT
Hard luck
Dec 7, 2010 01:16
  • CHARLOTT
Quote:

Hard luck

Hard luck? What did you mean, Atta?
Dec 8, 2010 08:10
  • ATTA_BUTT
Quote:

Originally Posted by CHARLOTT

Hard luck? What did you mean, Atta?

She has claimed 16 champions in her career. But she hasn't won a grand slam. She did have many chances to fulfill her dream but finally let the chances slip away.
that why I said hard luck.
am I right?
Dec 8, 2010 20:25
  • CHARLOTT
Quote:

She has claimed 16 champions in her career. But she hasn't won a grand slam. She did have many chances to fulfill her dream but finally let the chances slip away.
that why I said hard luck.
am I right?

I see. You feel pity for her. She had been so close to win the Grand Slam but finally let the chance slip away. I am hoping that she will come back one day like Hening.
Post a Reply to: Russia's Elena Dementieva retires from tennis
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code