Menu
How do you view tourists' uncivilized behavior?
Nov 17, 2010 21:34
GUESTNCHINA It's called "RESPECT"! Even Chinese tourist can be the same...not one race is excluded from this. As an "American" in China I also am disgusted with peoples spitting habits. This is not my home country but I respect it to the fullest. I prefer enjoying my time here instead of having problems...I agree with posters here...please respect the tourist attraction so ALL can enjoy!
Nov 18, 2010 03:32
  • JIMMYB
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUESTJAYTAN

I was in Sistine Chapel, Vatican City some years back; despite security guards and posting on the wall not to take photographs, tourists from all over the world will still attempt. It is not about uncivilized tourist, it is just tourist habits of capturing the moment.

If you do not see the signs and the security guards stop you, you should stop trying to take pictures. However, some tourists still try to take pictures after the security guards warn them. Do you think it is their habits of capturing the moment?

Habits are not the excuse of breaking the rules and taking pictures randomly. Of course, you can do it at home as you wish. Unfortunately, tourist attractions are not your home. So please behave yourself.
Last edited by JIMMYB: Nov 18, 2010 03:33
Nov 24, 2010 22:30
  • BILLFUTONG
It's a very bad habit,
Nov 25, 2010 18:12
GUEST110 I think the thing is that they wanna "proof" they had been there.. if they just take a pic wothout anybody on it somebody could say (but nobody would) that they havent been there. And thinking as much that you dont have to stand on the roof to show you have been there is too much.
As tourist you wanna bring something home, and pictures are the easiest thing. (except some disease..) But if you go to somebody's home you have to follow their rules. In a home the person who invited you explain the rules, in a country signs are explaining the rules. Sometimes its difficult to see the signs.. thats happen, but if you do it on purpose... its just showing your disrespect.
I heard that in one of thos "aquarium" where you can see fish swimming around. replaced a fish where you CANT use the flash.. otherwise they could die.. but many still uses flash (because its dark there)
And this is something i just dont understand....
Dec 6, 2010 03:20
  • SKYVIA
That is very bad ,and i know that there will be a long way to go for them to change the bad behaviours.
Dec 8, 2010 01:32
  • BBQQ
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST110 View Post

I think the thing is that they wanna "proof" they had been there.. if they just take a pic wothout anybody on it somebody could say (but nobody would) that they havent been there. And thinking as much that you dont have to stand on the roof to show you have been there is too much.
As tourist you wanna bring something home, and pictures are the ...

Some fishes die because of flash? Oh no. To protect those precious fishes, the aquarium should adopt much more serious rules---"All tourists who come to visit the fishes are forbiddened to bring cameras in. Otherwise, your cameras will be taken away and you will be expelled by the security officers."
Dec 14, 2010 03:28
  • VEDISADELA
ya,do it well by ourselves!
Dec 14, 2010 20:35
GUESTAM I would like to ask you this question: Why do Chinese tourists act so loud and uncouth when in Asia, or Europe? Can this sort of behavior be considered civilized?

Customs differ in different countries: what seems 'civilized' to you may be the opposite to another. In America, it is perfectly alright to playfully tousle a person's hair in public (an act of friendship); if you do this to a Thai person (Buddhist), it is considered offensive.

In some Asian countries, you can see grown men touching or holding hands publicly; yet this same behavior in the West is viewed as homosexuals.

Dec 26, 2010 03:26
"I think the thing is that they wanna "proof" they had been there.. if they just take a pic wothout anybody on it somebody could say (but nobody would) that they havent been there."

Exactly,GUEST110. Tourists can take pictures of themselves at the scenic spots but please do abide by the rules. If there is a sign with "No flash!", then please stop using your flash.
Jan 9, 2011 02:47
GUEST67160 """"""""Did you meet some uncivilized tourists during your journey? Well, I did. I saw people spitting, littering, walking on the grass, jumping the queue to buy the entrance tickets, taking off their shoes and lying on the benches, making loud phone calls, taking pictures without shutting down the flash in the museum or carving their own names on the buildings….. When the Daming Palace National Heritage Park was open to the public during the National Day Holiday, some tourists even climbed up the roof to take pictures.

If you try to stop them, you will make them angry because they feel that they were insulted. Some even roll their eyes at you and shout “It’s none of your business”. They didn’t think that they were wrong.

Is it so difficult to be a civilized tourist?"""""""""

HAHAHAHA she is talking about Chinese tourists of course!!!

- - -
Living in the PRC since 06/2004
Page 2 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: How do you view tourists' uncivilized behavior?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code