Menu
how to get marry with chinese girl and stay in china to get china green card?
Nov 24, 2010 20:20
  • RUNBO
hi
i am in america now,i plan to get marry with chinese girl, and i was born in china, but i became america in 2008, i want to stay in china with her forever. we plan to get marry next year, but i don't know how to do with different visa, L or others. and is there any possible i can get china green card after i get marry? because someone told me that i can get china green card in 5years after i get marry, is that true? and is that true i need to leave china every 90days? i saw someone can do 180days, how is that happen? or can someone give me other way to stay in china with her, what i need befor go to china to get marry,thank you very much

Nov 24, 2010 22:35
  • BILLFUTONG
Oh, chinese girl is very beautiful, good luck!
Nov 25, 2010 02:53
  • ELLIOTT
Hi, Runbo, are you former a Chinese? China is strict with immigration issues. You are required to leave China every certain period even if you marry to a Chinese. In your situation, you can apply for an L visa. China Green card, to some extent, is permanent residence permit which is very hard to get, saying about 5 years living in China is for regulation only. Here is an article from this site about [tcgurl=http://www.travelchinaguide.com/embassy/visa/family-visit-permit.htm]Foreigners with Immediate Family Living in China[/tcgurl] that may helpful for your concern. or check more info from [tcgurl=http://www.travelchinaguide.com/embassy/visa.htm]China visa[/tcgurl] .
Nov 25, 2010 09:36
  • RUNBO
i was chinese, i became american in 2008. is there difference between me and native ameerican on my case?
Nov 27, 2010 20:26
  • ENID
no any virtual difference since you converted to other nationality. You can read about [tcgurl=http://www.travelchinaguide.com/embassy/us/visa-application-requirements.htm]China visa requirements for American[/tcgurl] as a refernce when you apply for China visa.
Apr 25, 2011 11:45
GUESTWALE I am a student in china and I want to get marry with chinese girl, can my student visa change to L without going back to my country for L visa?
Apr 25, 2011 22:33
GUEST04154 Yes, your student visa X can be changed into L visa without going back to your country.
Jan 17, 2012 02:33
GUEST65202 Hi I am an Indian studying in china I want to get married with a Chinese girl can I get my visa changed from x to l visa what I need to do....
Jan 17, 2012 20:29
GUEST5789
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST65202

Hi I am an Indian studying in china I want to get married with a Chinese girl can I get my visa changed from x to l visa what I need to do....

It is ok for you to get married if you hold X visa as long as you and your girl meet the marriage requirements.

I can not understand why you have to change your X visa to L visa. If you have X visa, you must have gotten the residence permit. Generally speaking, you just need to renew your X visa year by year. By the way, the X visa allows to stay longer in China than L visa. Why do you have to change your X visa to L visa?

If your X Visa expired, you may apply for the L visa.
Feb 6, 2013 23:52
GUEST64220 hi there

i am nepal citizen but live in china and work here. but i am going to quit the job here and go back to nepal for sometime. my girl friend is chinese and we are planning to live together after. my visa valid till coming july. so i want to ask you that if i quit job here then my visa also get cancel or not? can my company cancel my visa also?

looking forward for your reply.
Feb 19, 2013 22:14
GUEST27179 Yes you will need to change your visa once you quit your job unless you speak with your employer. They may allow you to stay with the current visa until it expires IF you have a good relation with them but I doubt it. They should cancel your visa about 10 days after you quit- this is to allow you time to get another job...but since you're quitting that may not always be the case.

I'm married to a Chinese citizen and I stayed on an L visa for 2 years without having to leave the country- In fact I've never even heard that you're supposed to. I just converted my Z visa to an L visa at the local police station and the L visa was issued for one year at a time. But then again I've been married to him for 7 years and living in China since 2003...so I don't know if that makes a difference. Just note that you CANNOT work with a family visa! SOOOOO if you plan on working in the future and you let your current work visa expire you will need to leave the country to get a new work visa- they WILL NOT CONVERT IT IN THE COUNTRY!!!!
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: how to get marry with chinese girl and stay in china to get china green card?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code